Production Planner Required for a Unique & Highly Successful Fresh Sector Business
Based Central Midlands
Excellent Salary & Benefits
Our client is a highly regarded and progressively run business based in the Central Midlands and farming over 3,500ha’s of prime land. The core activities for the company are the growing of specific fresh produce lines for key retailers as well as other significant international food service businesses.
As a company of choice, they operate a flat management structure with a young, well established and highly professional team. They employ approximately 85 full time staff and a number of seasonal staff. Their success is driven by their passion and their range of products. As a business they are unique as they are truly committed to providing their colleagues with a challenging and engaging working environment and offer a truly great place to work.
As the business continues to positively evolve, they are now in a position to create a key role of Production Planner.
Key Elements of the Role:
- Producing daily raw material and assembly production plans utilising the manual planning systems already in place
- Be instrumental in developing and evolving the existing manual planning systems & establish future automation practices
- Amending daily production plans as necessary as forecasted and actual order quantities are received
- Liaising regularly with the production manager and supervisors including leading a daily planning meeting
- Monitoring order patterns and reacting to fluctuations in demand
- Measuring plan attainment
What We Want to See:
- Proven experience of planning / organising multiple production activities in a fast moving food manufacturing environment
- An excellent communicator with a very good standard of spoken and written English
- A sound knowledge of computer systems and experience of planning systems
- Understanding of WIP (Work in Progress / Process)
- Have an organised and logical approach to providing the department with achievable goals
- Financial / Manufacturing Accounting awareness would be advantageous
- Advanced Excel skills
- Previous fresh food sector experience would be advantageous but not essential.
This business and the Planning Manager role is truly unique.
They need to source an individual like you to assist with the day to day but to also plan/map out the future developments of the business in terms of business efficiencies using ever increasing robotics and automation. Hence why we are keen to source an individual that can plan for the future but also assist running the day to day. No day is ever the same in this business as it grows and adapts positively to market conditions.
To find out more about the career enhancing role with this leading company, please apply via this website or call Max MacGillivray or Caroline Crouchman on 01284 715055 quoting ref: 4989M