We are currently seeking either a Propagation Manager or an Assistant Propagation Manager (Strawberries & Raspberries)
Our client is a highly innovative leader and is the largest substrate strawberry propagator in the UK. Over the last 20 years the company has been developing unique growing systems and aims to provide commercial fruit growers with the highest quality plants and best customer service. Over the last 3 years varieties (strawberry and raspberry) have increased in number, and in addition, have also formed links with new breeding programmes; enabling further expansion of propagation area.
The role would suit either an experienced Manager or someone who is wanting a step up to become an Assistant Manager. Above all – great people management skills are essential for the role – You will need to motivate and manage up to 40 staff (during peak times) on site on a daily basis.
- Technical day to day growing.
- Assess plants for disease, pests and husbandry practice.
- Plan, organise and manage staff on site daily – 40 general staff in peak times.
- Strong growing and people skills
- Good level of experience with pest and disease within soft fruit industry.
- Understanding of a variety of different nutrition levels, conductivity and water quality requirements.
- Knowledge and experience with irrigation systems, injectors and controllers – drip and overhead.
- Drive and ambition to move forward within the company.
- Agricultural/ horticultural qualification.
- PA1, PA6/ PA9.
- Clean driving licence.
- Forklift driving experience.
How to Apply
Just send your CV, or if we already have your details, just call or email your interest – Caroline on 01284 715055 – Ref 5000CC