Our client is one of the UK’s largest Soft Fruit producers. Based in the Kent.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Assistant (Evening shift) who will have the responsibility for fruit quality and labeling issues together with carrying out tests and checks, ensuring any failures are documented appropriately.
- ensuring that shelf life samples and paperwork is completed
- removing redundant labels following the completions of jobs from Packhouse.
- ensuring metal detector and weight checks are being carried out and documented at the correct intervals, and any failures are documented and reported.
- ensuring Standard Operating Procedures are being followed.
- Liaising with sales and procurement teams.
- Assisting with the development of new packing processes and quality management procedures.
- Collating samples where required.
You will need to have:
- Extensive experience working in a comparable role, preferably within the soft fruit industry
- Strong appreciation of our business needs and resourcefulness in coming up with solutions to their challenges
- the ability to relate to key client personnel in a professional and credible fashion
- well developed personal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with a wide range of employees
- good interpersonal skills and well developed leadership and management skills
- the ability to delegate effectively and to follow-up as appropriate
- ability to work as part of a team with colleagues across professional, operational and cultural boundaries
- a proactive approach and prompt responses to all service requests
- the ability to identify needs and issues and recommend suitable and pragmatic courses of action and solutions, adopting a risk aware approach
- Good time management and organisational skills with the ability to handle a number of tasks at once and meeting deadlines as required
- very good organisational skills
- good IT skills including experience of Word and Excel
How to Apply:
Just submit your CV or contact Caroline on 01284 715055 quoting Refs: 4823CC