We are looking for a QA/Quality Assurance for our client who is a family run business, specialising in onion, shallot and garlic. They manage the supply chain from the growers to the customer, including a number of major retailers, wholesalers and food manufacturers. The position is to cover the night shift, working Sunday 13.00 to 21.30 Monday to Thursday 18.30 to 02.30.and will report to the Quality Manager.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide customers with products that meet their specification at all times.
- To inspect the quality of raw material, working processes and finished product against customer specifications, and if required, to explain the specification to members of staff.
- Communicate effectively on quality issues with other internal departments and ensure action is taken promptly.
- Support and advise production in relation to quality requirements and making sure all the standards are being adhered to.
- Work together with the team to implement corrective action to improve the quality of the product to within specification.
- Carry out various audits (GMP, Glass & Hard plastic, Facility, etc.)
- Support the Stock Controller and Allocators ensuring that the stock is suitable for its intended use.
- To make sure the product traceability is being followed throughout the process.
- To notify the Team Leaders/Management team of any quality or processing issues and to explain what the required quality levels should be as laid out in the customer specifications.
- Be aware of all customer complaints or rejections, where relevant communicate to the team and take appropriate action.
- To provide guidance to Line Leaders and line operatives of the level of quality required. Through communication with the Line Leader/Team Leaders it is your responsibility to ensure the required levels of quality are achieved to customers’ specifications.
- To be familiar with all procedures laid out in the quality manual and to be able to explain these procedures to all levels of staff and to representatives from our customers.
- Work as a team to ensure that all quality issues in all areas of the site are dealt with efficiently and to the set standards.
HOW TO APPLY: Just send through your CV or call Caroline on 01284 715055 (Ref 4999CC)