Working with an industry leading supplier of prepared fruit our client is a dynamic and customer focused business that pride themselves on delivering superb quality and outstanding service to all their customers.
Due to continued on-going developments and continued success, there is now a vacancy for a QC Intake Team Leader – 4 x 12 hour shift pattern Sunday, Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday.
The successful candidate will be part of the Quality Assurance team located in north Kent, which is responsible for ensuring that all product and processes comply with food safety, legality and quality requirements throughout all stages right from raw material intake through to the final product, and to provide a service to the production team (whilst also ensuring production’s compliance to procedures).
- Conduct sampling of raw materials in low risk/ high care, finished product, shelf life samples, environmental swabs, listeria swabs, air plates and water samples as per defined frequency. Accurately register all relevant samples on the lab system prior to collection for the required tests.
- Conduct ATP/ hand swabbing to evaluate hygiene levels in production areas. Inform management/ take corrective actions as required
- Assess the quality of raw materials in order to define the accuracy of intake checks. Act as a point of contact for production to assess raw material quality, identifying defects and escalating to the intake/ procurement team where raw materials are deemed to not be within specification
- Verify the quality of finished product during production. Take corrective action and feedback to production when out of specification product is being produced, ensuring any issues are actioned
- Organise and manage retained samples within the sample fridges
- Knowledge of SOPs, CCPs, procedures in place
- Verify production paperwork to ensure safety, quality, legal and company requirements are upheld. Formally report any non-conformances as per the site non-conformance procedure.
- Working by example – instructing regarding hygiene etc.
- Manage the inventory of QA tool box, ensuring all required equipment is present and within working order
- Calibrate pieces of key equipment e.g. metal detector, checkweigher, scales, probes, penetrometers, refractometers, durofel meters as per the calibration schedule
- Monitor the temperature of all areas of the factory as well as raw material. Inform technical management regarding any issues
- Analyse the tare weights for all live products to ensure these are within specification as per defined frequency
- Create labels for approval by technical management. Complete routine printing, verification and issuing of approved labels, ensuring that labels and coding information comply with legal, and customer labelling requirements. Ensure that the issuing of labels (product, crate or promotional) is controlled and effectively managed.
- Take an active part in the internal audit programme, which will include GMP, fabrication, process, glass & hard plastic, CCP, pest control and systems audits
- Effectively and constantly communicate with the QA team leader to ensure issues/ concerns are dealt with correctly and escalated as required
- Conduct quality assessment of products (including organoleptic tests) as per the schedule
- Assist in the completion of customer complaint/ rejection investigations as required
- Create concession requests and on hold notices and keep management informed. Ensure ‘on hold’ stock is adequately identifiable and stored correctly. When appropriate, complete investigations to assess the root cause of issues and put corrective actions in place to prevent reoccurrence where possible.
Key Skills and Experience Requirements
- Preferably experience in a food industry
- Experience of a high care, ready-to-eat environment and preferably with prepared fresh produce
- HACCP, Food Safety qualification would be advantageous.
- Self-organised approach and the ability to plan a workload
- Good work ethic
- Flexible approach and be willing to adapt ways of working to support team requirements
- Good time management
- Good standard of spoken and written English
- IT literate
How to Apply?
Just submit your CV or call Caroline on 01284 715055 quoting 4862CC