Retail Technical Manager (Root Vegetables)
Due to a recent recruitment drive in a leading global retailer, a career-defining opportunity has emerged to work as a Technical Manager within the Fresh Produce department managing root vegetable packers and growers across the world.
This is a vital role which will require a significant contribution to help successfully deliver their customer plan. You will support the Category to deliver quality, safe, legal and ethically sourced products ensuring suppliers meet company policy requirements. You will be a significant member of the Commercial team reporting to the Category Technical Manager.
- To identify suppliers who can deliver long term competitive advantage
- To develop strategic relationships with suppliers and growers
- To effectively manage and build relations with key stakeholders
- To develop quality, safe, legal and innovative products
- To understand and exceed customers expectations
- To achieve cost reductions, quality improvements and service enhancements
The Qualities we want to see
- Specialist in Fresh Produce
- Previous retail experience would be advantageous
- Minimum five years Technical experience within Fresh Produce
- You must be well-respected within the industry
- Excellent attention to detail with clear focus on end results
- Excellent Communication skills and strong negotiation skills
- Personal integrity and an ability to work independently
- Clear individual progression plan
- Attractive Salary
- Executive Benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an international organisation that are entering a hugely exciting period and are continually looking to support, strengthen and grow their team.
To discuss this opportunity in complete confidence, please contact Ian Reed at Redfox on +44 (0)1284 715055 or click on “apply”.