We are working with one of the UK’s most significant importers of a range of Exotic Fruits and Vegetables. Due to continued success they are now looking to strengthen their ripening/product management team with an individual who has climacteric fruit ripening experience.
Outline responsibilities will include:
Responsible for the management and designation of fruit ripening processes
• Carry out pre and post ripening checks and manage the ripening of fruit.
• Designate the ripening process.
• Analyse ripening results.
• Manage stock movement between ripen machine and blast chiller.
• Confirm ripened stock for release.
Manage the stock allocation process for on site stock.
• Decide on the utilisation of stock to fulfil orders using knowledge of available supply, shelf life and quality issues etc.
• Allocate stock to customer orders, ensuring compliance with designated lead times.
• Prepare daily a stock allocation summary sheet, advising Stock and Logistics team on fruit to be released / used to make up consignments, order of use and programmed volumes.
• React to stock requirements and shortages.
Manage Working Relationships
• Communicate with and regularly update key personnel on all aspects of stock management and quality control
• Work with relevant parties to facilitate a resolution on all operational Product issues in a timely manner, including product rejections and supplier claims.
If you have the relevant experience and would like to explore this opportunity, please submit your CV to Redfox ASAP.