Our client is ahead of their game. They are a leading business in the Agri-Business commodity sectors and are ultimately Farmer Owned. They work for and on behalf of their dedicated growers to help them maximise their returns whilst at the same time ensuring the businesses customers receive excellent service and technically assured quality product.
As part of a proven strategic plan, they are looking to appoint an individual who can move into a Director level role in a short period of time as Sales Director on the basis of succession planning within their main board.
The role will include all aspects of the commerciality of the business including sales, procurement, retention and recruitment of key personnel and driving profitable sales growth. The role will also be very strategic in respects of maintaining and creating further joint ventures and commercial partnerships with a number of key supplier partners as well as major food groups and retailers UK wide.
- Developing and implementing the expertise in planning the internal structure and management to ensure that goods, services and works provide best long term value for the business
- Full awareness of how external factors such as political, technical and commercial aspects in the clients markets will/may affect product areas in terms of growers and key customers’ expectations.
- Ensure timely achievement of negotiations with key suppliers and external partners to ensure that the procurement functions meets the business needs and delivery of all business objectives on-going.
- Liaising with all forms of the customer base, suppliers, external and internal stakeholders to ensure excellent working relationships are constantly maintained.
- To proactively identify new business opportunities for the business to work towards increasing further commitment and volumes as well as exploring new product areas for potential development.
- To work closely with other members of the executive team to identify, implement and review strategic initiatives for growth and assist in the overall leadership of the business.
The Qualities we want to see:
- An outstanding results driven and experienced Commercial/Procurement Manager from the Agri-Business/Food sectors.
- Experience of the full vertical integration from farm production through to retail shelf.
- A strategic “leader” with an accomplished and proven ability.
- Excellent educational background with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- A natural self-motivator with exceptional interpersonal abilities and first rate planning/organising skills.
- Gravitas and credibility in the industry
- Exceptional influencing and negotiating abilities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a major Agri-Business which is entering a hugely exciting commercial period of on-going sustained growth. The rewards for proven results will be excellent, reflecting your entrepreneurial ability to create further profitable growth within such a driven business.
To discuss this opportunity in complete confidence, please contact Max MacGillivray on 01284 715055 or apply via this website quoting ref: 4590M