Sales Director Required– Leading FMCG/Fresh Food Business
Based South East – UK
Excellent Senior Level Package & Benefits
With the optimism in the fresh food sectors that consumers are starting to move away from a heavy reliance on meat and look for more flexitarian, healthy meal choices combined with a positive movement against high sugar goods, our client is ideally placed to continue to enjoy the excellent growth rates they have experienced over recent years.
As such, they have made a strategic decision to strengthen their retail team to meet the increasing positive requirements from their retail customers.
They are looking to source a proven individual from the FMCG/Fresh Food Sectors as Sales Director for the business with a very strong Commercial Account Management and business skill-set. In this role you will have ultimate control of the businesses commercial and strategic direction with its key retailers. So interpersonal and communication skills are an absolute must.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- To manage all of their highly valued retail customer accounts at a senior level
- Manage profitability and all financial KPI’s effectively
- Be available for overseas travel with the customer when required
- To create and deliver programme objectives to support the implementation and delivery of improved business performance, processes and ways of working with key retailers
- Agree business targets and translate these into prioritised customer and delivery plans again with the key retailers
- Determine, monitor and review programme costs, resource levels, staffing costs and program risk to ensure effective and efficient programme delivery
- Leadership of the complete commercial team to ensure delivery of initiatives on time and in line with your targets and your objectives
- Align programme objectives with business objectives and authorise the selection, prioritisation and planning of all related project activities, to create an integrated programme and reporting process across the retail accounts
- Create and lead the joint ways of working within the team, driving alignment, consistency and unity in how the team operates and behaves
- Create commercial success ongoing
What makes the Ideal candidate:
The role would suit a degree qualified senor level Commercial expert (or similar role in other functions) who is people oriented and an excellent commercial leader. You will thrive on working as part of a team, managing multiple stakeholder and working in a pressured environment of continuous improvement.
Ideally we need you to have previous FMCG experience working with top Retailers and be either from the UK or the likes of Holland/rest of the EU. We do need you to have demonstrable experience of developing influential relationships with customers and suppliers alike. And it goes without saying that you will be PC literate with fantastic communication, numerical and influencing skills.
- Outgoing, with the ability to get on with people from customer to supplier level
- Great analytical skills
- Ability to navigate a number of the clients retail systems effectively
- Excel skills – Intermediate or above
- Strong negotiation skills
- Well organised with the ability to react to change quickly
This is potentially one of the most exciting roles we have seen in our commercial sphere for two defined reasons. Firstly because of the attributes of the client company and their growth to date and secondly because of the commercial freedom they are looking to offer the right individual to prosper in this hugely exciting role.
To find out more, please send us your details via this website in the first instance or call Max MacGillivray on +44 (0) 1284 715055 quoting Ref: 4998M