Sales Manager Required for a Unique & High End Food Service Business
Our client we just love…why…because they are an independent merchant wholesaler of ambient, chilled and frozen goods throughout East Anglia. We could spend days just wondering around their facility drooling over some of the most amazing food products produced in the UK and overseas that they stock and sell to their elicit range of award winning customers!
They hold in stock a very wide range of branded and non-branded ambient, chilled and frozen products as well as a full range of beverages and front of house items. They also greatly enjoy sourcing unusual or hard to find products for their customers. And their great team serves customers throughout East Anglia from their warehouse in the heart of Suffolk.
With a simple proposition – they deliver customers the products they order, when they need them, in the condition they expect them at the price they have agreed with them. You could also say that they have and old fashioned approach to customer service and aim to be friendly, approachable, knowledgeable and good at problem solving. One of their main unique selling points is that the team have significant catering experience as chefs, managers and owners of catering businesses and as such are focused on understanding the customers’ businesses and needs. Customer service and communication sets them apart from their competitors.
As part of their ongoing growth, they are now looking to source a Sales Manager to join them and to manage key aspects of the business.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful business, identifying and acquiring new accounts plus maintaining and developing existing accounts.
- 60% of your role will be prospecting for new business and 40% account management
- Maintaining excellent working relationships with existing customers
- Building and maintaining a steady growth of new customers
- Quoting prices to customers as and when required
- Working closely to a budget as set by the Commercial Director
- Creating a close working relationships with suppliers
- Being the first point of contact for customer issues
- Working towards team and individual incentives
- Ensuring repeat customer business by following food and seasonal trends
- Negotiating with customers and suppliers to achieve the best price for both the company and the customer
- Self-management of expenses, mileage and budget
- Ideally you will come with an FMCG or Drinks Sales background and have a real passion for amazing food and food ingredients
- You must be a ‘hunter’ in your commercial style!
- Be ambitious, driven and hungry for success and have a great attitude to “partner” the rest of the team
- Proven experience of developing and increasing business
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to plan workloads in order to ensure both internal and external demands are met
- The ability to be both proactive and reactive when responding to matters arising at work
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
We cannot emphasize enough the positive cultural difference of this company compared to others in their sectors. Meet them to find out and to do that, please send your details through via this website or call Caroline Croucham on 01284 715055 quoting ref: 4868CC