Our client, RG Abrey Farms is located in the heart of the Brecklands. The business was started in 1939 by the late Russel Gordon Abrey in the Box Valley, Suffolk.
It is now a 3rd generation family farming business growing combinable crops, sugar beet and specialising in early new season root vegetable production with modern storage for year round supply.
Annual production is in excess of 100,000 tonnes of root vegetables, supplied direct to major multiples, packers, wholesale and processing outlets, together with other arable crops which complement the rotation Their progressive approach is geared towards energy efficient production which is environmentally sympathetic targeting the highest accreditation standards.
Due to ongoing growth, they are now looking to complement their team by sourcing a Sales & Marketing Manager to join their team. The main purpose of the role is to provide professional sales and marketing management support including logistics, customer/supplier relationships and development of new marketing opportunities for the business.
The Key Responsibilities for the role:
- To optimise the sale of all produce by achieving and implementing:
- The best prices at the best times, through good marketing intelligence and knowledge
- Efficient logistical arrangements for planned movement of volume products
- Effective operations of all systems and processes to achieve and meet required standards
- Presenting and implementing innovative and forward thinking strategies
- Develop and maintain positive and constructive customer and supplier relationships to deliver additional business opportunities and added value
- Provide the Directors with monthly sales and marketing reports to demonstrate
- Effectiveness of sales performance with actual v target data
- Competitor and market analysis and trends
- To promote the positive image of RG Abrey Farms
The Ideal Candidate:
- Graduate with a marketing or business degree
- Previous experience within the fresh/food industries
- Previous experience in a food retail sales and marketing department
- Management/supervisory experience
- It/system skills including Microsoft Outlook and Office
- Experience of customer service/account management
- Highly organised and methodical with the ability to work in a high pressure but enjoyable environment
This is a fantastic opportunity to be aligned to a leading farming fresh produce business in such a commercial role. The rewards and career wise are second to none with this business.
To explore this career enhancing opportunity with a hugely innovative and forward thinking businesses, please submit your resume via this website. To discuss further, please call Max MacGillivray on 01284 715055 for a confidential discussion quoting reference 4724M
Please note that RG Abrey Farms is working with Redfox Executive Selection on an exclusive retained basis. As such any 3rd party CV’s will be directly forwarded to Redfox.