Senior Commercial Manager – Leading Fresh Sector Business
Based Kent with International Travel
Excellent Package & Benefits
With the optimism in the fresh food sectors that consumers may be starting to move away from a heavy reliance on meat and look for more flexitarian, healthy meal choices combined with a positive movement against high sugar foods, our client is ideally placed to continue to enjoy the double digit growth they have experienced in the last 3 years alone.
As such, they have made a strategic decision to strengthen their retail team to meet the increasing requirements from their customers.
They are now looking to source a Senior Level Commercial Manager with very strong Account Management and business skills. In this role you will support the Company’s Head of Retail in all aspects of the day to day responsibilities of the key UK retail accounts. As you would expect, you will be required to focus your time with those key accounts and there will be significant communication with the customer base. So interpersonal and communication skills are a must.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- To manage a selection of our clients highly valued retail customer accounts
- Manage profitability and all financial KPI’s effectively
- Be available for overseas travel with the retail customer/s when required
- To create and deliver programme objectives to support the implementation and delivery of improved business performance, processes and ways of working with key retailers
- Agree business targets and translate these into prioritised customer and delivery plans again with key retailers
- Determine, monitor and review programme costs, resource levels, staffing costs, inter-dependencies and programme risk to ensure effective and efficient programme delivery
- Leadership of your own commercial team to ensure delivery of initiatives on time and in line with targets and objectives
- Align programme objectives with business objectives and authorise the selection, prioritisation and planning of all related project activities, to create an integrated programme and reporting process across the account
- Create and lead the joint ways of working within the team, driving alignment, consistency and unity in how the team operates and behaves
What makes the Ideal candidate for the role:
The role would suit a degree qualified Commercial Controller (or similar role in other functions) who is people orientated and an effective leader of business process changes. You will thrive on working as part of a team, managing multiple stakeholders and working in a pressured environment of continuous improvement.
We are looking for an individual who has a previous track record of achieving goals through driving and developing project and programme plans.
Ideally we need you to have previous FMCG experience working with the Top Four Retailers, but you must have demonstrable experience of developing influential relationships both internally and externally.
You will need to be PC literate with fantastic communication, numerical and influencing skills.
- Outgoing, with the ability to get on with people from customer to supplier level
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to navigate a number of the clients retail systems effectively
- Excel skills – Intermediate or above to include demonstrable proficiency in:
- Strong negotiation skills
- Well organised with the ability to react to change quickly
- Understanding of Category Management principles.
This is potentially one of the most exciting roles we have seen in our commercial sphere for two defined reasons; Firstly because of the attributes of the client company and their growth to date and secondly because of the commercial freedom they are looking to offer the right individual to prosper.
To find out more about the Senior Commercial Manager role, please send us your details via this website or call Max MacGillivray on 01284 715055 quoting ref: 4961MM.