We are delighted to be exclusively working with a market leading fresh produce business to recruit an experienced Site Operations Manager to join their thriving team based in Herefordshire.
This Site Operations Manager will be responsible for the day to day management of the sites operations which will include people management, job planning, cost control and having a focus on continuous improvement, health and safety and maintenance of the site. There will also need to be a focus on husbandry and field maintenance ensuring that the correct amount of crops are produced at the right cost and at the right level of quality to meet customer demand and the targets set by the annual budget.
• Daily and weekly planning of all husbandry jobs including cost control
• Ensure that all site operations are done in a safe manner, to budget and
• Daily and weekly planning of all tunnel jobs including cost control and
• Support the Business Manager with long range planning and budgeting
on all operations jobs
• Act as the champion for continuous improvement
• Develop best practice in all areas of operations working closely and
positively with he wider management team
Ideal Skills / Experience:
• Excellent team building, leadership and management skills with the
ability to motivate others
• A successful track record in a fresh produce operations management
role overseeing tunnels and husbandry
• Proven experience in a senior field operations role within fruit or
• Experience in managing a large production team (direct and agency
• Able to work in a fast paced and challenging environment as well as
demonstrate the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
If this sounds like you and you are ready to work for one of the leading fresh produce businesses in the UK then apply today via this website or call Laura on 01284 715 055 for a confidential conversation now quoting Ref 4636LB!