Our client is one of the largest food manufacturers in the UK with multiple sites supplying a wide range of food products, meat, fish, produce and Horticulture. They are part of a fully integrated supply chain.
Due to continued success, a career-defining opportunity has emerged to work as SITE TECHNICAL MANAGER for this leading and highly respected business. This is a vital role which will require a significant contribution to help successfully deliver the business objectives. You will be a significant member of the senior team with very strong leadership ability.
- Working within a multi-disciplinary Manufacturing team to drive Manufacturing performance.
- Adding value to the business by providing commercially sensitive, objective, technical expertise.
- Manages supplier assurance, scorecards, approval list and audits & welfare if applicable
- Manage delivery of the end to end quality process in product area.
- Manages food/product safety, legal, quality and compliance, audits and customer services for third party customers.
- Delivering technical strategy ensuring that strategic points are clearly defined, measured and monitored.
- Investigating customer complaints trends and other identified product issues instigating the product withdrawal and recall processes where appropriate.
- Ensuring technical standards, policies, procedures and communications are clear, concise and easy to understand and are applied without diluting the importance of the principles embodied in them.
- Develop technical team and capabilities to create excellence within the team.
The Qualities we want to see
- Degree in relevant science, manufacturing, chemistry, engineering , business or a closely related discipline
- Good working knowledge of all accreditation standards and relevant legislation
- An appreciation of the safety, legal compliance, compositional and quality aspects of products in the defined area and a clear understanding of their related technologies
- Specialised technical or manufacturing knowledge preferably of products in a defined area (this will be category specific)
- Significant post-graduate experience in the manufacturing or retail industries, this will preferably include experience in dealing with international suppliers
- Lead assessor qualification and/or significant experience of supplier auditing
- Experience of working with 3rd party testing organisations
- Understanding of the UK and EU legal framework, in particular General Product Safety Directive and other product specific legislation
- Commercial acumen which facilitates a contribution to product selection decisions or ‘value engineering’
- Ability to manage crisis situations such as product withdrawals and recalls
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Investigative decision maker
- Route cause analysis problem solving skills
- Highly developed planning, organising and project management skills
- High degree of self-motivation, flexibility and enthusiasm
- Strong people developer
- Derby or Northwich
- ££To attract the Best
- Car allowance + Fuel Card
- Outstanding pension
- Private Health cover
- Life Assurance
To discuss this opportunity in complete confidence, please contact Ian Reed on 01284 715055 or email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org