Our client is one of the largest blue-chip food manufacturers in the UK with multiple sites supplying a wide range of food products, meat, fish, bakery, fresh and prepared-produce, dried fruit and nuts . They are part of a fully integrated supply chain.
Due to continued success, a career-defining opportunity has emerged to work as SITE TECHNICAL MANAGER for this leading and highly respected business. This is a vital role which will require a significant contribution to help successfully deliver the business objectives. You will be expected to proactively drive forward and effectively communicate product and process innovation and quality standards also ensuring that the state-of-the-art production sites meet strict company policy requirements. You will be a significant member of the senior team with very strong leadership ability.
- Working within a multi-disciplinary team to drive manufacturing best performance.
- Adding value to the business by providing commercially sensitive, objective, technical expertise.
- Manages supplier assurance, scorecards, approval list and audits
- Manage delivery of the end to end quality process in product area.
- Manages food safety, legal, quality and compliance, audits and customer services for third party customers.
- Delivering technical strategy ensuring that strategic points are clearly defined, measured and monitored.
- Investigating customer complaints trends and other identified product issues instigating the product withdrawal and recall processes where appropriate
- Ensuring technical standards, policies, procedures and communications are clear, concise and easy to understand and are applied without diluting the importance of the principles embodied in them.
- Develop technical team and capabilities to create excellence within the team.
The Qualities we want to see
- Degree in relevant food science, manufacturing, microbiology or a closely related discipline
- Good working knowledge of all accreditation standards and relevant legislation
- An appreciation of the safety, legal compliance, compositional and quality aspects of fresh/prepared produce
- Specialised technical or manufacturing knowledge of short shelf-life chilled and other high risk products
- Significant post-graduate experience in the manufacturing or retail industries
- Lead assessor qualification and/or significant experience of supplier auditing
- Understanding of the UK and EU legal framework, in particular General Product Safety Directive and other product specific legislation
- Commercial acumen which facilitates a contribution to product selection decisions or ‘value engineering’
- Ability to manage crisis situations such as product withdrawals and recalls
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Investigative decision maker
- Route cause analysis problem solving skills
- Highly developed planning, organising and project management skills
- High degree of self-motivation, flexibility and enthusiasm
- Strong people developer
££Competitive salary to attract the best with comprehensive executive benefits.
To discuss this opportunity in complete confidence, please contact Ian Reed on 01284 715055 or email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com quoting ref: 4793IR