Our client exports circa 25,000 tonnes of Scottish seed potatoes to over 30 countries worldwide. The company has enjoyed continued growth in sales and now wishes to bolster the management team by creating a new role that will help continue to supply increasing volumes to new and existing markets.
As Stocks Manager – you will
- Work with the seed manager and growers across Scotland to monitor and report on seed potato volumes and quality from field to store.
- Learn to assess and advise on stock suitability for particular export markets.
- Support growers in achieving required standards and timings for export.
- Work closely with the logistics team to deliver loads on time and in full.
- Spend time with the sales team and clients to develop an ongoing understanding of market requirements.
- Become involved in new variety assessment to help identify and test potential new varieties for worldwide customers.
You will be part of a small team and will need to be work on your own initiative at times to fulfil the objectives of the role. There will be at regular and extensive travel in Scotland as well as some overseas.
- Degree in a relevant subject
- Some industry experience preferred but not as essential as having the right competencies and attitude.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- A good degree of numeracy and attention to detail
- The ability to plan and manage own time and resources systematically to deliver business objectives
- The ability to conduct meaningful communication and build relationships at all levels through the company and supply chain
- Possess excellent interpersonal, communication and self-motivational skills.
- Ability to use initiative at all times and make decisions when appropriate.
Competitive salary and benefits package. It is anticipated that further opportunities for career progression will become available to the right candidate.
How to Apply:
Just send in your CV or call Caroline on 01284 715055 quoting ref: 4871CC