Founded over 40 years ago, our client is a leading fresh produce business with sales in 2017 in excess of £275 million, a market share in excess of 30% in their product areas and a year round business supplying all of Britain’s leading retailers. They have a genuine passion and pride in their fresh produce which is seen through their commitment to quality and their year round offering of the very best tasting fresh produce.
As farmers and producers they respect their land and their environment; as marketers and distributors, they respect the expertise and needs of everyone in the chain and with their unrivalled expertise and passion for the product they aim to ensure the best possible eating experience.
Due to ongoing growth, our client is looking to source a Stone Fruit Procurement Specialist.
The Key Areas of the Role will include:
- Develop new suppliers and regions to help fulfil UK retail demands for Stone fruit.
- A product specialist that can both procure and sell fruit to other regions
- Liaison with overseas suppliers on volumes, prices, and agree supply programmes.
- Liaison with the stone fruit Sales manager and growers on supply vs customer requirements
- Managing overseas transport logistics for both imports and potential exports
- Running weekly accounting, preparing any claims and managing P/L of overseas supplier accounts alongside Procurement Administration
- Liaison with the business and suppliers on short medium and long term planning and availability of fruit.
- UK Business development planning to be conducted in collaboration with the stone fruit sales manager.
- Export business development to be conducted in collaboration with the Buying Director and stone fruit sales manager.
- Liaison with current and potential suppliers on prices and agreeing programmes for both imports and potential exports.
- Daily liaison with the sales team and QC team on customer requirements in terms of volumes, quality and varieties
What we want to see:
- Evidence of extensive experience working in a comparable role, preferably within the stone fruit industry.
- Be able to communicate in Spanish at a level which enables you to work with non-English speaking suppliers.
- Strong appreciation of the business needs and resourcefulness in coming up with solutions to potential challenges
- Ability to relate to key client’s personnel in a professional and credible fashion
- Good interpersonal skills and well developed leadership and management skills
- Ability to work as part of a team with colleagues across professional, operational and cultural boundaries
- Very good organisational and communication skills
- Good IT skills, experience of Prophet, MRP, Business objects
Great business and a great role. So if this role looks to be right up your street, we would love to hear from you! Please apply via this website or call Ian Reed on 01284 715044 quoting ref: 4771IR