A brand new role has been created for a Supplier Technical Manager reporting to the Technical Director. The role is within the Senior Management structure, and as such we are looking for a dynamic, forward thinking individual to drive the business to further heights.
Our client is one the largest suppliers of prepared fresh produce. They produce an extensive range of washed and ready to eat salads, fresh stir fry vegetable mixes, fresh noodles, prepared vegetables, stir fry sauces and salad dressings.
- Manage the approved supplier list for all produce suppliers
- Manage products specifications for all produce materials
- Review PPU’s, spray records and residue analysis from all produce materials, by suppliers, by country of origin, by season.
- Approve PPU’s, spray records and residue analysis from all produce materials, by suppliers, by country of origin by season against relevant EU, UK legislation and against customer codes of practice where applicable. (Demonstrating relevant qualifications and competence to do this)
- Liaise direct with customers on all issues related to the produce supply base. This will include quality, legality, food safety and any other issues relating to the supply base
- Represent the business on retailer forums on all produce issues.
- Be the link between the business, customers and produce suppliers
- Work in conjunction with procurement teams to deliver a produce supply solution
- Be the primary contact for produce suppliers
- Working with retailers approval systems ensure all produce materials conform to their requirements e.g. Asda Food Experts.
- Work extensively within the produce supply base, domestically and overseas to deliver the produce supply solution, driving food safety, quality and legality.
You must be able to demonstrate the following :
- A recognised food science (or related) qualification (Min BSc)
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Technical Manager in the fresh/chilled produce sector supplying to at least two of the major retailers
- Minimum 3 years experience in managing and leading people
- Comprehensive experience of managing QAS/HACCP/HARA/TPPS & BRC
- Ability to accommodate international travel
How to Apply
Just send through your CV or call Ian or Caroline on 01284 715055 – Ref 4886CC