Our client is one of the leading exporters of premium & prepared vegetables from East Africa and also the largest commercial grower and exporter of chilies from Kenya! They aim to provide quality products which redefine what innovative, healthy and delicious vegetables should be. And as for their flower business they entered the floriculture industry in 2011 and in 2012 began exporting roses to the Netherlands, Great Britain, Germany, the Middle East and other key markets. In a relatively short time they built their branding name in the East Africa flower industry mainly due to high quality products, modern facilities and commitment and dedication of our professional team.
As a relatively young business of under 20 years of age and with over 4,000 employees working on a multi-site, multi-grower basis they are growing rapidly with a pure international reach. As such this has created a select number of new opportunities to join their highly successful business. They are now looking for a Supply Chain Manager to join their team.
Key Aspect of the Role:
The Supply Chain Manager’s key responsibility is to ensure that for all claims, key KPIs are met around service and delivery of produce and that the Head Office Sales Team and the Packhouse Teams are working hand in hand to ensure that sales/deliveries are well met.
- To manage the Head Office Sales Team in terms of the day to day objectives around client service and delivery.
- To overview the Sales Teams’ responses with clients to ensure that on a day to day basis, key product are being pushed to be sold out.
- To manage weekly/monthly service levels so that clients are clear that service levels are being met and/or communication is well managed in case of shortages
Packhouse Service Management
- To coordinate on a macro level with Packhouse Managers around a number of key issues;
- Daily / Weekly order volumes
- Labour numbers to Packhouse shelf extensions or closures
- Work to assess raw materials utilization
- Plan excess raw materials longer term
- Be the main liaison between the Packhouse / Head Office Sales Teams, monitoring overall KPIs relating to Packhouse performance (line utilization, departure temperatures, truck departure temperatures, order fulfilment ratios…)
- To manage client orders, updates and service levels
- To manage customer supply and delivery expectations as well as keeping track of program levels
- To manage the critical process of reviewing and signing off claims within a 24 hour period to assess if the claims are acceptable and if not, to manage rejections and disputes.
- Monitor claims trending and manage claims issues at senior levels with the Packhouses
What we Want to See:
- Proven work experience in similar role and industry, including team management
- Decisive and a competent negotiator
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Solid experience with CRM software and MS Office (particularly MS Excel)
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Degree educated in relevant field
This is a fascinating business with a fascinating future. To find out more, apply via this website or call Max MacGillivray on +44 (0) 1284 715055 to find out more quoting Ref: 4919M