Technical Development Manager
Our client is one of the most innovative, forward thinking and established businesses in the fresh produce sector. With a cutting edge production operation their client base varies from retailers through to discounters and food service customers both in the UK and Internationally.
They are proud of the relationships they have forged with suppliers in order to offer their customers the very best produce for their needs. Their experienced team prides themselves on a responsive, flexible and reliable service and aim to provide a truly fresh approach to large scale commercial relationships in the fresh produce sectors.
Due to continued success, a career-defining opportunity has emerged to work as Technical Development Manager for this leading supplier. This is a vital role which will require a significant contribution to help successfully deliver the business objectives. You will be expected to proactively drive forward and effectively communicate product and process innovation and quality standards with customers, also ensuring that the state-of-the-art production site and third party suppliers meet strict company policy requirements. You will be a significant member of the Executive team with very strong customer facing ability.
• To take the lead on product and process innovation
• To further develop and nurture customer relationships
• To help the commercial team develop quality, safe, legal and innovative products
• To understand and exceed customer expectations
The Qualities we want to see
• Of graduate calibre
• Superb communication and strong negotiation skills
• A successful track record of strong retail relationship building
• Minimum five years fresh produce experience, ideally within HIGH CARE
• Excellent people skills – ability to manage a team, with focus on development
• Confident decision maker and problem-solver
• West Sussex
• £To attract the best
To discuss this opportunity in complete confidence, please contact Ian Reed on 01284 715055