We are looking for a Technical Manager, who will be responsible for delivering our clients technical strategy and objectives. This role is open to experienced and more junior candidates, who are looking to develop their Technical Career.
Our client is the leading UK beet sugar producer and has developed a pioneering and world class horticultural glasshouse facility, using the heat and waste carbon dioxide generated from its factory.
You will be responsible for the Quality Management System, ensuring all goods produced and despatched fully meet, and exceed customer quality expectations. You will be the main point of contact for all technical and quality related matters. Supporting the research and trials program and methodically capturing and communicating all learnings with analysis and solutions in areas where challenges and improvements occur.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to:
- Understand problems, situations and issues. Applying this analysis to improve business performance.
- Solve problems in creative ways and is willing to question established ways of doing things.
- Deliver high performance through effective team working. Supporting a culture where the input of all is valued.
- Build the skills and competencies of self and others. Contributing to improving organisational capability.
- Successfully build support for ideas through effective and appropriate communication strategies.
- Build internal/external networks in order to deliver business objectives.
- Demonstrate drive and persistence to meet or exceed goals for self and others.
- Understand the markets within which the Company operates. Strives to deliver outstanding business performance.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the site HACCP system and ensure key staff are informed, trained and able to deliver in their responsibilities as a part of the site HACCP system.
- Working to continuously develop the QMS and Technical Agreement
- Ensure the QMS is implemented in full, with compliance in every part of the business, all staff are aware of their obligations in this regard, and internal audit program is in place to demonstrate this.
- Manage a small team of QC, QA and seasonal staff when required.
- Be the lead contact for all technical related visits to ensure their requirements and outcomes are communicated effectively internally and externally.
- Create a culture where the site team know and understand the customer requirements.
- Investigate and communicate, as appropriate, all quality challenges.
- Drive continuous improvement throughout the Technical and Quality team.
- Liaise with the Operations and Growing team to ensure all customer requirements, requests and changes are communicated effectively and where necessary actions are put in place.
- Ensure that all sampling and analysis schedules are followed accurately, and findings are recorded and shared as appropriate, to ensure full compliance.
- Manage the pest control arrangements for the site effectively.
- Ensure that required documentation is in place for crop production and processing, providing a fully traceable production standard, in compliance with our customer.
- Lead the site trials program, gain customer approvals and co-ordinate internally to ensure learnings are fully understood and documented, in compliance with customer requirements.
How to Apply
Just send your CV or call Caroline Crouchman on 01284 715055 – Ref 4966CC