We have a great opportunity for a Technical Systems Team Manager to join our clients Carnoustie site in Scotland on a 12 months fixed term contract to cover a period of maternity leave.
Carnoustie is the latest potato packing site to be acquired by our client which came on board in April 2017.
The Technical Services team gives our clients customers peace of mind that whatever they buy is safe, legal and of high quality and ensure that they can guarantee “freshness from farm to plate” in a way that none of their competitors can. They make sure that their manufacturing and other supplying sites are clean, hygienic, efficient and safe, and that their central functions comply with regulations, too. They work in a proactive way engaging with many internal departments and external contacts including enforcement authorities and suppliers to provide innovative solutions to continuously meet and exceed customer and business expectations. It’s a varied and vital area in which to work and as they grow so will your career prospects in this expanding area of their business.
Working as part of the central Produce Technical Services Team and reporting to the Site Manager you will;
• Develop & Maintain systems, policies and procedures to ensure product quality, safety and legality to high standards; liaising with all relevant departments / key stakeholders with respect to quality and food safety
• Liaise with NPD department with respect to NPD / EPD, product launches and all relevant site stakeholders to ensure smooth launch
• Ensure the continual updating of the Quality manual in line with the BRC and own-internal standards, relevant scheme standards and legal requirements
• Lead the HACCP Team in order to produce a valid HACCP plan capable of producing a safe product
• Manage the site customer complaint process
• Manage the onsite internal audit schedule
• Provide absentee cover for other Technical management as appropriate
• Act as primary contact between the Site Manager and accreditation bodies to ensure full compliance.
What do I need for this role?
• A degree/HNC in Food Science, quality systems or similar
• Experience in food manufacturing environment – high risk essential
• HACCP qualification or knowledge (minimum level 3, level 4 desirable)
• Food Safety Hygiene knowledge (minimum level 3, level 4 desirable)
• Microbiology knowledge and applicable control systems
• Systems Management, strong analytical skills
• Attention to detail
• Labelling knowledge / experience is beneficial
• Shelf life analysis and systems to support nutritional information