Our client is the UK’s leading berry and stone fruit production and marketing group with sales of over £275 million, a market share in excess of 30% and a year round business supplying all of Britain’s leading retailers.
Due to ongoing growth they are looking for a TRADING MANAGER to join their impressive team.
KEY ELEMENTS OF THE ROLE
- Development of one of the companies key fresh produce lines
- Strategic planning for the short-medium term for the account in question
- Negotiation of Weekly/Yearly programme volumes and financial returns.
- Responsible for overseeing day to day trading process
- Supporting the development of the trading team skillset & expertise
- Conduct seasonal reviews, category management sessions and planning for future year
- Work closely with technical & development teams on product knowledge and NPD
- Management of pre-season offers/programmes providing estimated availabilities.
- Provide market updates and negotiating weekly or short/medium term fixed price programmes
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- Strong appreciation of our business needs and resourcefulness in coming up with solutions to the challenges in the business and the product line in quesiton
- Ability to relate to key client personnel in a professional and credible fashion
- Well-developed personal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with a wide range of employees
- Good interpersonal skills and well developed leadership and management skills
- Ability to identify needs and issues and recommend suitable and pragmatic courses of action and solutions, adopting a risk aware approach
- Good time management and organisational skills with the ability to handle a number of tasks at once and meeting deadlines as required
- Good IT skills including experience of Word and Excel
Great role with a great business and hugely career enhancing. Apply via this website today or call Max MacGillivray to discuss further on 01284 715055
Job Ref: 4742M