One of the true winners of the fresh sectors, our client was established successfully over 30 years ago. They now partner with the best growers internationally fulfilling consumer demand for consistent, high quality fresh produce product throughout the year.
As they gain further positive demands from their customers, they are now investing heavily into their business as a natural evolution of their proven business model. Because of this exciting growth, they now wish to source an accomplished Account Manager to major on a key fruit retail account on a commercial basis.
- Deliver against all company KPI’s with particular focus on margin, profitability and waste targets majoring on a key UK retail account
THE KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- To assume responsibility for the management and development of a key retail fruit business
- Provide market leading category management to support retailer aims of sales and share growth
- To deliver outstanding understanding of the retail customer to exceed service expectations to the business and ensure these expectations are met ongoing
- Establish, develop and maintain a commercially beneficial customer relationship
- Write, implement, evolve and communicate a joint category plan for all required areas
- Achieve all sales, volume and margin targets within the account
- Provide the business with accurate account information for the use in longer term forecasting and programming
- Deliver constant out performance versus retail and supply competition
- Contribute creatively and technically towards the promotion and development of the product range
- Continuously evaluate the supply chain to identify cost savings and opportunities to improve the quality and freshness of the product.
- Liaise with procurement and supply chain teams to address sourcing and availability issues
- Understand and communicate technical issues with the customer commercial team where necessary and liaise on these issues internally with technical and quality teams to achieve satisfactory resolution
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the market sector including consumer trends, competitor activity and product lines
- To identify and deliver opportunities for profitable business growth within the retailer
- Ensure the adherence of administrative and financial systems and controls
- Provide summary information regarding sales, volumes, margins and prices as and when required
- Produce Quarterly Kantar Market Reviews for both Internal and External (Customer) use
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE:
- M&S experience preferred but not essential
- Ideally a degree in agriculture or related subject
- Fruit experience preferred but not essential
- Retailer facing experience
- Good planning/ organisation/ communication skills important
- I feel the role would be ideally suited for someone towards the start of their career
- As a commercial manager, demonstrate leadership, self-reliance, good judgment, teamwork and responsibility in all commercial and procurement matters
Our client’s view is that the role would suit an individual who is 2-5 years into the sector career wise for them to make and create the best impact for themselves and the account in question.
This is probably one of the most exciting Account roles that we have seen in recent years. If you believe that you can make a real ongoing positive difference to our client as they grow rapidly in the UK & internationally, we would be very keen to hear from you.
Either submit your details via this website or call Ian Reed on 01284 715055 quoting Ref: 05309IR