Great Salary & Benefits
Founded over 40 years ago, our client is a leading fresh produce business with sales in 2017 in excess of £275 million, a market share in excess of 30% in their product areas and a year round business supplying all of Britain’s leading retailers. They have a genuine passion and pride in their fresh produce which is seen through their commitment to quality and their year round offering of the very best tasting fresh produce.
As farmers and producers they respect their land and their environment; as marketers and distributors, they respect the expertise and needs of everyone in the chain and with their unrivalled expertise and passion for the product they aim to ensure the best possible eating experience.
Due to ongoing and rapid expansion they are now looking for a ACCOUNT MANAGER to join their award winning team.
The main aim of the role is the Coordinated sale of berries to Wholesalers and Food Service to optimize their grower returns.
Main Elements of the Role:
- Call customers to receive verbal sales update.
- Collate fruit availabilities from growers.
- Manage distribution of fruit through SOPS to meet haulage deadlines.
- Verify that customers’’ prices meet expected values and input into the SOPS.
- Guide commission customers on expected future returns and set fixed price sales.
- Publish sales returns to growers daily.
- Exploring new business opportunities with the customers
- Provide marketing advice to growers.
- Manage and develop the Wholesale Customer Panel and Food Service Clients
KEY STRATEGIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up and attend grower meetings.
- Internal communication of market price movements and intelligence.
- Setting up Market customer visits as required
- Development of new customers.
- Participate in executing of sales function departmental strategy.
- Support and develop new ways of working
- Other ad-hoc duties as required.
What We Want To Ideally See:
- Evidence of extensive experience working in a comparable role, preferably within the soft fruit or fresh produce sectors industry
- Strong appreciation of the business needs and resourcefulness in coming up with solutions to their challenges
- Ability to relate to key client personnel in a professional and credible fashion
- Well-developed personal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with a wide range of employees
- Good interpersonal skills and well developed leadership and management skills
- Ability to delegate effectively and to follow-up as appropriate
- Ability to work as part of a team with colleagues across professional, operational and cultural boundaries
- Proactive approach and prompt responses to all service requests
- Ability to identify needs and issues and recommend suitable and pragmatic courses of action and solutions, adopting a risk aware approach
- Good time management and organisational skills with the ability to handle a number of tasks at once and meeting deadlines as required
- Good IT skills
This is a great business and a great role with a great future. So if this role looks to be right up your street, we would love to hear from you! Please apply via this website or call Max MacGillivray on 01284 715044 quoting Ref: 5158M