Redfox has been exclusively commissioned by a business with over 40 years of expertise in the UK and Europe in sourcing, providing and selling niche ag related products to a significant rural client base. They have large teams teams of regional technical experts, as well as research and development, production, and warehouse sites across the UK and work together as a cohesive business to serve their customers whenever and wherever they need them.
We have not seen a company that is so passionate about their business and who remain at the forefront of innovation, coupled with consistent investment in their people, their training and who share the collective knowledge and experience from the global network back to their UK & EU customers.
Due to ongoing expansion, they are now looking for an Agriculture Commercial Manager to join their team and their award winning business.
Key Elements of The Role:
You will be planning, co-ordinating, implementing and managing a key specific agricultural product area for our client. As such you will be responsible for raising the companies market profile further as well as new product and product channel development. As part of the overall responsibility for the sales function, you will take responsibility for actively managing a team of 4-5 Regional Sales Managers, ensuring they are suitably equipped and motivated to professionally manage their existing customer base and gain new customer ongoing.
This role also sits within their Leadership Team and as such, you will also work closely with internal departments, such as Marketing, Operations and Production to assist with things such as the devising of company strategy, pricing management and the development of marketing campaigns.
- To effectively take ownership of and manage the performance of the Regional Sales Managers.
- To understand and identify the motivators of your team members and support them in the on-boarding of new ideas, products, concepts and campaigns.
- To ensure that the sales force are finding the necessary prospects and define, identify and assist in the selling and negotiations for those prospects that are considered as potential major customers.
- In conjunction with the Senior Leadership Team, define, devise, organise and implement the sales strategy for the field sales function of the business, in conjunction with the Executive Team.
- To contribute to the effective management of the department budget, in line with company policy and in conjunction with the Financial Controller.
- To monitor and maintain CRM standards, both for yourself and your team, in conjunction with marketing.
- Identify top performing customer base and visit these customers on a regular basis, either with the relevant Regional Sales Manager or in conjunction with relevant member of the Senior Leadership team where appropriate.
- To ensure that all legal and ethical standards are maintained in the management of the sales function.
- To oversee the effective training for your team on an ongoing basis.
- Attend conferences, local meetings, shows and other activities.
- To represent the business on special projects and the European Marketing Meetings as well as and when required.
What We Want to See From The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience of the agricultural supply sectors.
- Well-developed knowledge of either Forage or Amenity Sectors.
- Practiced and effective communicator, able to listen and influence.
- Proven people manager.
- Experience of project management.
- IT literate, with experience of working with MS package and CRM systems.
- A great desire for personal development and growth.
The role can be based in the Eastern regions of the UK with home working elements as required.
It is a great business as you would find out with a great career opportunity ahead. Interested? Either apply via this site or call Max MacGillivray on 01284 715055 quoting Ref: 05231M