Agronomist or Technical Grower with extensive hydroponic experience
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a lead technical expert in hydroponic and containerised plant production techniques to join the team within an exciting new vertical farming set up.
You will utilise your expertise in advanced planting systems to develop and implement best-practice guidelines within hydroponic systems producing high quality leafy salad and herb crops. The delivery of training and guidance to technical and growing teams will also form part of this role. Your key duties extend to but not limited to:
• Research & Analysis: Developing advanced methods to increase plant yields through technical trials, tests and analysis.
• Production Systems & Techniques: Developing new growth methods; delivery of specialists’ advice and support to nurseries; identification of best-practice pest & disease management programs; continuous improvement initiatives; and ensuring alignment with global-practice standards.
• Plant Health & Physiology: Developing guidelines to achieve optimum propagation; management of Clean Seed/Stock Program; and provision of technical advice to internal teams.
You will be given full autonomy and decision making abilities in the development of nursery system plant production guidelines and procedures, and nominated as the Company’s lead technical advisor.
To be considered for this role, applicants will need to demonstrate the following:
- Qualifications in Horticulture, Plant Science or related discipline
- Technical writing and analytical skills
- Ability to guide and train others in best practice techniques through use of solid interpersonal, communication & relationship building skills
- Expertise in soil-less, hydroponic plant production techniques including pest & disease management
- Practical experience as well as technical knowledge is preferred
- Ability to travel both interstate and international
To discuss this opportunity in confidence, please give Ian Reed at Redfox a call with out delay, quoting reference : 05015IRb