Working with one of the UK’s leading suppliers of Herbs, based on the South Coast. Our client is an extremely dynamic and customer focused business who pride themselves on delivering superb quality, innovation and outstanding service to their major retail customers.
Due to continued on-going developments, there is now a vacancy for an Agronomy Co-Ordinator – an ideal role for someone who is technically minded and keen to start a career in agronomy.
The role will report into the and support the Senior Agronomist and work along side the crop protection team to delivery high quality final products.
The main tasks or duties of the role :-
- Keep track of changes to pesticide approvals and keep records of approved products up-to-date.
- Ensure good Knowledge of audit body standards.
- Management of Risk Assessments, COSHH Assessments and Standard Operating Procedures associated with products used and tasks executed by the Agronomy team.
- Maintain training records for the Agronomy team and organise training as required.
- Specific project support as required by the business e.g. initiation and running of new pesticide application equipment project.
- Sampling of crop and other materials for residue and pathogen testing.
- Laboratory tasks, including media preparation and human pathogen testing.
- Crop walking and Bio application and monitoring.
- Create external links with research bodies and suppliers.
- Degree/diploma in Agriculture, Horticulture or Science
- BASIS desirable but NOT a pre-requisite
- Enjoy working to high standards and getting things right
- Passionate about learning and identifying new opportunities
- Handling a number of conflicting demands from different sources at the same time.
If you are a recent Ag/Hort/MDS Graduate looking for a major career injection, this would be the PERFECT role for you!
Don’t delay – apply immediately.