Created in 1983 by a group of East Anglian based farmers, Camgrain provides a reliable, safe and secure co-operative grain storage facility to their farmer members. With industry beating drying and conditioning rates, they blend their member’s crops to meet specifications required for premium markets. With four central Advanced Processing Centres (APCs) in East Anglia and the East Midlands, farmers in England can count on Camgrain to maximise the potential for the following commodities.
Their core values are:
- Safe, secure and stable
- Accountable to their members
- Farmer owned and farmer focused
- Experts in storage, logistics and marketing
To find a bit more about Camgrain, click this video:
As part of their ongoing growth, they seek an Asset Manager to join their management team.
The key purpose of the role is:
To be responsible for monitoring and managing all Camgrain assets through a systemised approach. The Asset Manager will focus particularly on identifying practical and achievable improvements in productivity and efficiency. Lead a team of operational support functions to offer guidance and support at all levels in the Operations team.
- Work closely with Operations Director, Operations Managers and Store Managers to effectively manage and maintain all operational assets and successful complete operational projects.
- Staff training and development
- Visual leadership
- Responsible for planning of engineering projects ongoing
Additional Elements to the role:
- Manage all Operational Assets ensuring they are maintained and utilised effectively and efficiently.
- Provide the Operations Managers with an Operations support function to include both direct reports and members from other departments assigned to support the operations team.
- Working closely with the Operations Director, plan and organise strategic operational projects with third party contractors, ensuring works are carried out on time and delivered on budget.
- Ensure all operational staff have the correct and appropriate training for their role. Understand and implement any training requirements for personal development.
- Develop and implement a full training programme with clear stages of progression for each area of the operations team.
- Through weekly visits to all Camgrain sites, provide visual and hands on guidance, advise and support across all levels of operations. Ensuring action points are picked up and completed within your team.
- Maintain an inventory of suitable spare parts for the 4 Camgrain sites, ensuring all essential and difficult to source parts are kept in stock at all times.
- Liaise regularly with the Store managers and the engineers to ensure service schedules are kept to, records are up to date and accurate and all plant and machinery is maintained in good operational condition.
- Ensure all tasks are carried out safely with the appropriate PPE, Equipment, Risk Assessments and Safe Methods of Work documentation in place.
- Build relationships with on-call contractors to supplement the in-house engineering team where required.
- Lead, drive and minute, engineering and operations meetings and ensure all action points are met within the set time scales.
- Take responsibility for and strategically manage all maintenance contracts across the business. To include but not limited to, fire/security alarms, lab equipment, grain handling equipment.
- Oversee the maintenance of the Clean Wheat plant ensuring correct procedures are followed, relating to food safety, for example.
- Assist with the hands-on resolution of engineering matters as and when required.
- Manage all strategic utilities supply contracts, water/gas/electricity/sewage and budget in conjunction with the Operations Director.
- Ensure all members of the Operations team are trained and competent in every aspect of health and safety relating to tasks undertaken.
What We Want to See from You:
- Strategic planning, resource utilisation.
- Negotiation/influencing skills.
- Relationship builder. Communication skills. Resilient Commercial Awareness.
- Interpersonal Skills. Attention to detail. Financial acumen. Computer literacy.
- Motivational Leadership
- Delegation / Development Others
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Interpersonal Skills Accountability Listening Skills
- Health and Safety awareness
- Company Policy and legislative knowledge
They have some of the best in class equipment in their businesses and your role as Asset Manager will be to continue that philosophy ongoing by improving and developing this whole aspect.
In a fast-paced business such as this, you will be a team player, personable and a great communicator. You will be a happy to work in and out of doors in all conditions be that sun or the occasional rain and able to fit into a team that has a strong health and safety culture, with a willingness to always take responsibility for the safety of themselves and others around them. Among other attributes, you will have a positive and flexible attitude towards their work, be highly motivated and have high levels of attention to detail!
This is an amazing business, and this is a great role with their great team! To find our more, please apply via this website or call Max MacGillivray on 01284 715055 for more information quoting Ref: 05369M
Please note that Camgrain is working with Redfox Executive Selection on an exclusive retained basis. As such any 3rd party CV’s will be directly forwarded to Redfox.