Our client is a leading player in the vertical farming industry, specializing in market-leading salad cropping. They are on the brink of revolutionizing the farming industry by changing the way the world feeds itself through vertical farming. Their vertical farming site is poised to become one of the largest and most advanced in the world. This is your chance to be an integral part of our clients company’s initial growth and success.
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager to lead a pivotal team that will revolutionize the food production process on a massive scale. Majoring on Automation, you will be responsible for leading the hardware and software rollout, from conception to completion, for each new and existing vertical farms for our client.
This role will also involve the software realization of in-house automation and automation control systems with a team of staff, and possibly even building these systems in-house in the future. Your contributions will be integral to the short, medium, and long-term success of the business.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define the company’s automation system requirements by producing functional design specifications.
- Project manage the deployment of automation systems that meet these requirements, ensuring the successful implementation of automation technologies.
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans, overseeing projects from conception to completion, and delivering against project objectives.
- Monitor and report to key stakeholders on project progress, ensuring transparency and effective communication.
- Identify critical path activities, task dependencies, constraints, key risks, and mitigation measures to ensure project success.
- Lead and mentor the automation and software team in the rollout of automation projects across the business
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Automation, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Proven experience in leading automation and software projects such as Automated Fulfilment Centres
- Experience of software deployment, particularly PLC’s and SCADA systems.
- Experience of Storage & Retrieval solutions (ASRS) or similar.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to create and execute detailed project plans.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Innovative mindset with a track record of implementing automation solutions that drive efficiency and productivity.
- Ideally experience of the Food Manufacturing industry.
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to make a significant impact on the future of food production
- Collaborative and dynamic work environment
- Health and retirement benefits
- Professional development opportunities
How to Apply: If you are a forward-thinking individual with a passion for automation and innovation in the agriculture industry, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your resume via this website or for a confidential chat call Ian Reed on 01284 715055 quoting Ref: 5707IR
Join us in shaping the future of food production and be part of a company committed to making a difference in the world. Apply today!