BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – BASED SOUTH AFRICA
GLOBAL LEADER IN AG & FRESH SECTOR SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Excellent Package & Benefits
Redfox has been commissioned to source a key individual for an International business that is now expanding their client base in South and East Africa. Having been in existence for over 30 years they provide solutions that enable growers and agronomists to manage their farms and businesses on a global basis and are leaders in their field.
They are looking for an individual as Business Development Manager to be ideally Cape Town based, who can speak Afrikaans and is extremely well networked into the Farming and Fresh Produce Sectors of South African and East African business.
WHAT DOES THE ROLE INVOLVE?
- To lead business development opportunities across the business in their award winning market solutions – for South Africa and East Africa
- Work autonomously to create success
- Understand current and future client needs. Seeking opportunities with the ability to quantify the possible business scale and work into a deliverable, sustainable business plan that you will assist to create.
- Accountable for P&L, Senior level client management and ongoing strategic planning
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES FOR THE ROLE:
- Acquire new clients ongoing for the business in the designated country areas
- Work with the Board to source, grow and develop new and existing client opportunities ongoing
- Work with other key Directors to scope and develop other ongoing revenue streams that fit the business model
- Use Consumer research and Category analysis to inform future scoping options
- Engage growers in client relationships, knowledge and development
- Review all services provided by third parties, supported by the Leadership Team, to understand where costs can be removed without impact on service
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- A self-starting individual with the ability to act autonomously with all the support of a global leading business solutions team
- Appreciation of the business needs and resourcefulness in coming up with solutions to the challenges of setting up in a new territory area with a proven range of products
- Ability to relate to key client personnel in a professional and credible fashion
- Great interpersonal skills and well-developed leadership and management skills
- Creative, quick thinking and open minded
- Ability to delegate effectively and to follow-up as appropriate
This is a role that cannot be underestimated and will be hugely career enhancing. If of interest, please forward your details via this website or call Max MacGillivray for more information on +44 (0) 1284 715055 quoting Ref: 5026M.