Our client is a leading international analytical services provider for agriculture and horticulture. Their advanced technologies and unique capabilities give analysis results that provide greater accuracy and added insight. It gives farmers, growers, agronomists, nutritionists and advisors an advantage that helps them find the marginal gains needed to increase efficiency and profitability on farm. As part of a larger Group – From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, our client works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Due to ongoing growth, they are looking for a key individual to join them as Business Development Manager.
Please note that this is a home-based national position and therefore welcome applicants from across the UK. The successful candidate will be expected to travel widely, as required for the successful execution of the role, with regular visits to our clients Head Office based in Central England. It is very autonomous as role so a self-driven individual will excel in the position.You will have a deep knowledge of agriculture and relevant sales leadership experience in the industry, with a recent track record of successful sales to agribusinesses, such as farm advisory businesses, nutritionists and agronomy companies. You will have existing strong relationships that will allow you to make an impact in this role from day one. Ideally you will have an agronomy and soil background .
The role requires a particular focus on selling analytical services into the dairy and arable sectors, so a thorough understanding of both is ideally required. You will have a deep knowledge of the latest developments in these areas, the changing environmental and financial considerations and how our client products and services can help those in the industry thrive.
You will also invest time in account management of the customers you gain, ensuring that customer satisfaction is maintained at the highest level. By continuing to solve customer’s problems you will contribute to the success of their businesses.
Key Elements of the Role:
- To generate profitable new business in line with the overall clients UK & IE strategy.
- To ensure a planned approach to customer management; protecting existing revenue, relationship building and customer retention..
- It is anticipated you will spend c.70% of your time on business development, generating new, profitable business.
- To undertake price reviews and annual renegotiation of commercial agreements.
- To provide marketing information to the management team on competitor’s activity and new business opportunities.
- To input into the development of the company’s sales and marketing strategies, in identifying market sectors, new business opportunities and threats to the business.
- To work closely with the Marketing Team on developing marketing initiatives to generate new business.
What We Are Looking For From You:
- Education to degree level, or equivalent, in an appropriate agricultural discipline is desirable
- Extensive knowledge of soil and plant science.
- Extensive knowledge of forage, feed and animal nutrition.
- Relevant agricultural industry experience, ideally including testing and analysis.
- Strong networking, communication and influencing skills.
- Tenacious and target driven.
- Excellent presentation, communication (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills.
- Current and valid driving licence.
The future is very bright with this business and this role. If you can make significant sales impact, then there is the prospect of building a sales team underneath you as your business portfolio grows.
Interested? To find our more, apply via this website or call Max MacGillivray on 01284 715055 quoting Ref: 05242M