JUNIOR BUYER REQUIRED FOR A LEADING AGRICULTURAL BUSINESS
WEST MIDLANDS. OFFICE AND HYBRID BASED
EXCELLENT SALARY & BENEFITS
Our client is very well known for some of the most iconic British snack brands including. They also produce many fantastic products for the UK’s leading retailers. They are beyond proud that millions of people enjoy their snacks, every day! As a business they employ over 2,300 people in the UK across their production sites. With a main Head Office in the Home Counties, they are part of Europe’s leading producer of savoury snacks, which operates in around 30 European countries.
Key Purpose of The Role:
As a recent Graduate or as an individual with 2-3 years exposure in the ag/fresh produce sectors, they are looking for you to partner up the main Buying Director to procure vegetables via their approved suppliers. In addition, you will also be managing the quality and service of potatoes to the key crisp factories via their supply base.
- The procurement of vegetables for brands under their company banner from their fully approved supply chain.
- The weekly contract management and scheduling of potatoes and vegetables to the key crisps factories via the approved supply base.
- The continual enhancement and application of the strategy; improving service and quality through key cost removal projects for potatoes and vegetables.
- Gathering key field/factory, supplier/crop performance data, facilitating trials and development of these commodities to better serve the business.
- The delivery of key sustainability projects within the supply chain. Supporting the business in its sustainability initiatives and future targets.
- Supporting the business with travel between key sites, internal events, industry events, supplier/grower visits and some overseas travel.
- Working with the internal procurement, technical, supply chain, engineering, operations, haulage and sustainability teams.
- Customer visits to their growers. Representing the business in front of key external stakeholders and showcasing the business in a highly professional manner.
- You will manage this role through independent working, executing all jobs within their internal and external policy frameworks.
What We Want to See from You:
Ideally you will be degree qualified in agricultural with a great initial background in the veg sectors be that on a procurement or/and a technical basis. As previously stated, you may be a recent Graduate or have been in the sectors for a couple of years and looking to be aligned to a very well know fresh sector “brand” in a career enhancing role.
If you want to be aligned to a large and very financially secure business and craft a great career with them, you need to talk to them.
So, a brilliant business to be aligned too. Want to find out more? Apply via this website or call Max MacGillivray on 01284 715055 quoting Ref: 05607M