Up to £50,000 + Bonus & Benefits
Our client is one of the UK’s largest specialist suppliers of fresh produce offering a wide variety of niche fruits and vegetables – from essential everyday items to exotic seasonal specialities.
Due to increased commercial growth sector penetration in their niche areas of expertise, they are now looking to source a Buying Manager to join their success story.
The main purpose of the role will be to support the head of procurement in sourcing and developing relationships with suppliers, ensuring prices are negotiated effectively, fresh produce products are received on time on a UK/EU and International basis
Key Elements of the Role:
- Develop productive working relationships with key growers and suppliers to the business.
- Fulfil the stock requirement as required to achieve budgeted sales.
- Work in partnership with the commercial team to ensure they have the correct information of product availability allowing them to brief the end customers accordingly
- Support the growth of the business fresh produce grower base
- Explore and create plans to achieve growth through the existing suppliers and growers
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders in commercial, technical and operations to ensure business targets are met
What We Would Like To See From You:
- Successful track record of delivering commercial targets on a buying perspective
- Ideally experience in the Fresh Produce sectors
- Experience of a fast-paced trading environment
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to make rapid sound commercial decisions
What could our client offer you?
- Excellent benefits including pension, bonus and a competitive salary
- Work with one of the most forward-thinking fresh sector businesses in the UK and develop a long-term career with them
- The opportunity to lead change that you want to see within the world of fresh food
This role will suit an individual who already has “Buying” experience and ideally in the fresh food/fmcg/food manufacturing sectors and who is now relishing the chance to accelerate their career with a great business on a long-term basis.
Interested? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send your details via this website or any questions please call Ian Reed on 01284 715055 quoting Ref: 5265IR