BUYING MANAGER REQUIRED FOR A TRIPLE DIGIT GROWTH FRESH FOOD BUSINESS!
GREAT PACKAGE & BENEFITS
Our clients have created a food revolution. They don’t believe in meticulous calorie counting or following strict or faddy diets. They simply like incredible tasting, ethically-sourced ingredients that benefit you and your body. Instead of sending processed foods or cheap fillers with hidden ingredients that aren’t good for you, they choose to create an offering of fresh produce that will help you look and feel your best. Amazing dishes start with amazing ingredients and they are very proud to work with some of the best suppliers in the UK.
Eating their products on a regular basis has been sown to have visible health benefits. They are even the Official Nutrition Partner to one of the UK’s main Sport bodies – powering our best athletes in the build up to major competitions.
Due to their highly impressive growth, they are now looking for a BUYING MANAGER to join their exceptional team.
If interested…read on!
What Will The Role Involve:
As buying manager for Fresh Food you will sit at the heart of the business and support the buying of all of their fresh ingredients. You will be responsible for negotiating the best commercial agreements with suppliers of our fresh products that make up the core product, which is delivered to thousands of homes across the UK each week.
You will ensure they are sourcing the best possible ingredients at the best price, working very closely with Food, Technical, Operations, Brand, Data and Finance.
The Commercial Delivery Element:
As the business continues to scale rapidly, you will drive strong commercial results by delivering negotiated procurement savings and leveraging increasing volumes. You will be responsible for driving gross margin improvements as well as significant economies of scale in overhead cost lines always weighing up cost, quality, brand and customer experience when deciding what’s best for the business. The scope of the role will cover their award winning recipe boxes and upcoming further extensions to their product range.
New product development:
As innovators they are always developing new recipes and advancing the proposition, which requires a continuous search for the very best suppliers and ingredients. You will work closely with Food & Technical teams to obsess about sourcing perfectly portioned packs from suppliers who share the values and aspire to delivering the highest standards and specifications at the best cost. You will work hard to find the best alternatives on packaging to ensure they deliver their pledge to be plastic free.
The commercial team sits at the heart of the business and works highly collaboratively with the internal food, technical and operational teams as well as their suppliers. The fast pace of innovation as well as the very high product standards and values requires strong collaboration and alignment between teams to bring new products and propositions to market efficiently.
Supplier governance and ingredient quality are central to ensuring the very best value proposition for our customers. This role will work closely with the COO, Legal and Technical team to ensure strong risk management procedures are in place.
What We Want To See From You….
- Procurement – knowledge & experience of fresh food buying & being an excellent negotiator
- Deep experience in fresh food buying ideally across produce (vegetables, salads, fruit, prepared) meat and fish
- Commercial – delivered commercial results with outstanding quality
- Research – a desire to deeply understand and map supply chains to interrogate cost structures and quality to release value
- Customer focus – a healthy obsession with quality for the end customer
- Team-playing – excellent collaboration skills supported by strong emotional intelligence
- Organisation – structured communication and planning in a fast-paced environment
- Technical – good working understanding of food safety regulations
- Solution-oriented – a positive and proactive problem-solver excited by stretch goals and the art of the possible
What is Key….
- Delivery of the fresh buying margin
- Develop the product and supplier plans for your area of buying/expertise
- Lead and manage all tenders and annual sourcing
This is a very exciting role and a business to be aligned to for two defined reasons. Firstly because of the attributes of them as a company combined with their growth to date and secondly because of the buying “freedom” they are looking to offer the right individual to create commercial and procurement success in this hugely exciting role.
To find out more, please send us your details via this website in the first instance or call Max MacGillivray on 01284 715055 quoting Ref: 5193M