CALLING ALL MDS GRADUATES
Various UK & INternational Locations
Excellent Salary & Benefits
Our client is amazing. They have created a company with the direct mission to build together a profitable enterprise where people respect each other, care for the environment and inspire a legacy for the future.
As a business they passionately believe in ‘Adding Value at Source’. This means they aim to make the finished product in the country or region where the fruit is grown. By doing this they return more value to the communities that produce their fruit, and as such can deliver products that are Fresh from Harvest. They work closely with their growers to achieve the highest standards in quality, ethical trade and environmental care and adhere to leading international standards including Fairtrade, Organic, and LEAF (Linking Environment and Farming). Uniquely they have developed their category range to now include branded ice cream, lollies (all dairy free) and have other fantastic new product development coming online to further broaden their retail offering internationally.
They employ over 5,000 people at their key facilities in Ghana, Egypt, South Africa, Senegal, Ivory Coast, Brazil and the UK. By ‘Adding Value at Source’ be it conventional fruit or branded products, they are far closer to their farmers and return more to communities through job creation, skills development and technology transfer.
As one of the most sought-after businesses to work for in the Fresh and FMCG sectors, they have made a strategic decision to strengthen their management team on all aspects being; Operations, Finance, Procurement, Supply Chain & Commercial as their positive growth continues.
As such they have made an open declaration that they would be very keen to source existing or previous individuals from the likes of the MDS (Management Development Services) or/and other similar fresh sector schemes. Simply because they believe those individuals with this type of “formal” training background are the future and would hugely benefit from working in their open and positive company and international culture.
Skills We are Keen to See:
- Leadership – leading teams from different departments to achieve organisational goals.
- Communication – ensuring that communication is ongoing and effective between different areas of the business.
- IT – keeping up to date with IT systems in the workplace while having an understanding of emerging technologies.
- Presentation – Presenting ideas and results to different stakeholders across the business both in the UK & Internationally including staff and senior management.
- Team working – fostering an environment of teamwork to ensure that all products are delivered on time and company goals are met.
- Initiative – The ability to work alone and take a lead when hurdles arise or when tasks require completion.
- Planning – staying ahead of the game and ensuring that plans for the future are clearly labelled out for everyone to follow.
- Problem Solving – adapting to the ever-changing environment and reacting quickly to meet challenges.
To make a success in this hugely exciting business, you must be a quick thinker, possess the ability to solve at times complex problems in a professional and pleasant manner, have the ability to work and interact successfully with a wide variety of people from various cultures and backgrounds. And as you would expect you will have great initiative, self-discipline with excellent communication skills! The role would suit as already stated a degree qualified individual who might have recently completed the likes of the MDS scheme (Management Development Services) or similar fresh sector schemes.
You will thrive on working as part of a team, managing multiple stakeholders and working in a pressured environment of continuous improvement…and having fun as your career progresses with a business with even further Global ambitions.
- The business is unique, so you will be unique as well!
- You will be outgoing, with the ability to get on and influence retailers, growers and everyone in between.
- Be able to successful “partner” key individuals throughout the business both in the UK and Internationally.
- Possess strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Appreciate what has been achieved to date by the business and create the next positive step change for the business
This is potentially one of the most exciting businesses we have seen in the fresh sectors in recent times for either a relatively new entrant or an individual looking to progress towards a more senior role. The future is very bright with this business and as such working for them will be very career enhancing!
To find out more, please send us your details via this website in the first instance or call Max MacGillivray on +44 (0) 1284 715055 quoting Ref: 5170M