x 2 Category Account Managers Required – Leading Fresh Sector Business
Based Eastern Counties
Great Salary & Package
Our client is a UK leader in their field of Fresh Food growing, production and marketing to a number of the key UK retailers. They have a had a positive restructure and have come to the conclusion that to best serve their key retailers, they need to source two Account Managers to partner their Commercial Director and deliver against their aggressive but achievable growth plans.
So…What Are The Key Responsibilities for The Role…..
- Be able to execute, with detailed knowledge of product & category management, the daily business with the customer.
- Proactively conduct strategic account reviews with the Commercial Director on all account customers on a regular basis.
- Identify products and pricing that meet customer needs and defined business objectives to include margin generation, revenue generation, category growth and NPD.
- To review actual performance against product costings & projections. Undertake detailed assessment of line performance v budget.
- Ensure category products delivered / offered to customers meet approval / customer specifications at both technical and operational level.
- Ensure full integration of all category development including NPD with relevant stage-gate processes.
- Deliver category driven action plans.
- To co-ordinate and co-operate fully with procurement function to ensure optimum utilisation of product and crop at maximum possible margin.
- Manage the day to day relationship with Buyers/Retailer Logistics/Technical teams in conjunction with your own Operational/Technical/Procurement Teams
- Steer pricing to maximise revenue and profitability goals on a tactical basis.
- Retain accounts through the development of strong relationships with key decision makers and users within your customers retail business
- Deliver ongoing product and market analysis
- Assessment of competitors and market intelligence with a focus on the future and to deliver value by clear action plans.
- Be aware of competitor products and strategies within both the customer & wider market and use this to commercial advantage.
- Supporting and delivering the NPD plans for all customers which are clearly targeted to consumer need.
- Produce reports on all category activity
- Develop/produce relevant communications and liaise with key functions daily to ensure delivery of product, correct labelling/packaging.
- Complete weekly product activity report on all customer accounts activity and deliver to appropriate operations and technical departments.
- Compiling and delivering sales budgets and forecasts as required
- Work closely with Finance colleagues in the preparation of costings, budgets and forecasts.
- Feed intelligence back into the organisation for the development of existing products and service offerings.
- Communicate daily and weekly delivery performance levels to the teams.
- Actively communicate and seek feedback from colleagues and customers.
What we want to see:
- Educated to degree level ideally or a relevant training scheme
- Highly numerate – strong analytically
- Strong Communication skills – written and verbal
- Strong negotiator
- Experience in a fast paced sales environment
- Highly organised with prioritisation skills
What key skills is our client looking for:
- Demonstrates entrepreneurship
- Managing complexity
- Achieves results with integrity
What could our client offer you?
- World class training and development
- Excellent benefits including pension, bonus and a competitive salary
- Work with one of the most forward thinking food business in the UK and develop a long term career with them
- The opportunity to lead change that you want to see within the world of fresh food
This role will suit a recent graduate or/and an individual 1-3 years into the Fresh Produce/FMCG sectors and is now relishing the chance to accelerate their career with a great business in a long-term basis.
For more information, please submit your details via this website or call Max MacGillivray on 01284 715055 quoting re: 5125M