Chief Executive Officer Required
Based Eastern Counties
Excellent Salary/Bonus & LTIP
Redfox Executive Selection is representing a very well regarded and highly thought of independent Fund Management team to secure the keys services of a Chief Executive Officer for one of its key industry investments.
Currently 80% of the UK’s food needs are sourced from overseas suppliers. Advances in cultivation and glasshouse technology in recent years have improved the competitiveness of UK glasshouses versus overseas supply. Domestic production reduces carbon emissions resulting from international transport while local facilities can deliver high quality, year-round employment to the more deprived areas of the UK. Our client has created a Horticulture Fund that is to be deployed to create ongoing success with the UK horticultural protected cropping sectors.
With a significant investment already made into this area on the basis of a cutting edge horticultural unit, our client has now reached a growth stage where they require the professional services of a Chief Executive Officer to take their investment through to the next stage and achieve success.
Key Elements of the Role:
- Responsibility for the P&L ensuring sales are achieved, costs are managed and margins maintained/exceeded in line with budget forecast
- Take an active hands-on role in achieving sales prioritising customer, supplier and operational relationships as well as leading/supporting team members
- Grow the company in line with or above the five-year forecast
- Lead and develop/enlarge the team ensuring that market opportunities are prioritised and accessed with staff developed and rewarded appropriately
- Develop and implement short, medium and long-term cropping plans based upon full cost-risk assessment
- Lead and develop marketing and communications activities ensuring appropriate media are utilised to achieve company objectives
- Ensure the business maintains a high level of corporate governance and work-place ethics
- To report to the Chairman and the Board on planned growth achievements ongoing
What We Are Looking from You:
- Educated to degree level in an appropriate discipline
- Demonstrable extensive knowledge of the UK Horticultural Sector
- Management experience in the protected crop industry at an upper/senior level
- Experience of managing and hiring a diverse team
- Experience of selling/marketing
- Good understanding of financial accounting
- Good understanding of corporate governance
- Knowledge of speciality cropping
For such a role, we are ideally looking for you to be a:
- Great negotiator
- Commercially focused and results driven
- Ability to think through and solve problems
- Able to think strategically but act tactically
- Ability to inspire innovation and high performance from team members
This role cannot be underestimated. The career potential both in terms of creating an industry success story & potential long-term rewards will be significant.
To find out more, apply via this website or call on a confidential basis, Ian Reed on 01284 715055 quoting Redfox Ref: 05449IR