Bardsley England is the one of the largest fruit growers in the UK. In conjunction, they are an industry leading technology focused company with significant growth ambitions planned for the next 10 years. As a business they have a fantastic team of motivated, bright, and empowered employees who are key to the business’ success now and for the future. Over 420 people are employed at peak season and they operate across 29 sites over 890ha of land throughout Kent.
They are now looking to source an exceptional Chief Financial Officer to join them and to assist to shape and execute their ambitious growth plans. The ideal candidate will be a natural leader, with exceptional interpersonal skills and an in-depth understanding of fresh produce or aligned industry sectors. We are looking for a high calibre CFO or FD with a strong track record of business transformation, change management and a keen eye for efficiency and growth opportunities.
As a key member of the Executive Management team, the Chief Financial Officer will be responsible for the overall Finance function of Bardsley England, encompassing the primary day-to-day planning, implementation, management and control of all financial-related activities. Reporting to the MD, the CFO will also have a longer term and equally important focus on strategy development and implementation, assuming a critical strategic role in setting the direction of the Company.
- Business partner the Managing Director, driving the business strategy, creating profitable growth and deploying astute financial leadership.
- Assume responsibility for the Company’s financial reporting, strategic financial planning, budgetary control and forecasting processes.
- Identify critical business metrics and implement reporting processes to measure and monitor strategy implementation.
- Actively participate in formulating the Company’s strategy and supporting tactical initiatives.
- Assume responsibility for risk management, asset management, treasury functions and compliance.
- Ensuring legal compliance on all financial functions.
- Manage relationships at all levels, with suppliers, investors etc.
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/ACMA). An MBA would be a distinct advantage.
- More than 10 years finance experience at an executive level either within Fresh Produce or aligned market sectors with very well-developed leadership skills.
- Ability to interact at Board level and participate in strategic decision-making.
- Proven track record of strategic financial application i.e. the ability to put forward sound strategic recommendations based on the analysis and interpretation of the numbers.
- Professional and personal ethics and governance with a unquestioning level of integrity and dependability.
- Results driven – motivate self and others to drive execution and make things happen
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail with an ability to prioritise and work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines.
Click Below to hear Ben Bardsley discuss what he is looking for from the ideal CFO candidate.
Bardsley England offers a market leading related remuneration package with commensurate benefits for the selected Chief Financial Officer candidate.
This is potentially one of the most exciting financial roles we have seen in the fresh sectors in recent years. To find out more, please send us your details via this website in the first instance or call Max MacGillivray on +44 (0) 1284 715055 quoting Ref: 05221M
Please note that Bardsley England & Redfox are working on this exciting recruitment project on a total partnership basis. As such any third-party CV’s will be directly forwarded to Redfox for review.