GROUP CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER – FOR ONE OF THE MOST INSPIRING & RECOGNISED INTERNATIONAL FRESH SECTOR BUSINESSES
BASED NORTHAMPTONSHIRE WITH INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL.
EXCELLENT SENIOR LEVEL PACKAGE & BENEFITS
Blue Skies was founded by Anthony Pile MBE in 1997 with the direct mission to build together a profitable enterprise where people respect each other, care for the environment, and inspire a legacy for the future.
As a business they passionately believe in ‘Adding Value at Source’. This means they aim to make the finished product in the country or region where the fruit is grown. By doing this they return more value to the communities that produce their fruit, and as such can deliver products that are Fresh from Harvest. They work closely with their growers to achieve the highest standards in quality, ethical trade and environmental care and adhere to leading international standards including Fairtrade, Organic, and LEAF (Linking Environment and Farming).
They employ over 4,000 people at their key facilities in Ghana, Egypt, South Africa, Senegal, Ivory Coast, and the UK. By “Adding Value at Source” they are far closer to their farmers and return more to communities through job creation, skills development, and technology transfer.
As one of the most sought-after businesses to work for in the Fresh sectors, they have made a strategic decision to strengthen their senior management team to meet the increasing positive requirements from their retail customers internationally. They are looking to now appoint a GROUP CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER to partner with the CEO and Senior Management team to plan and map and implement their strategic growth ongoing internationally.
Blue Skies is at a very exciting stage in its development as it strives to accelerate to a £200m business by 2025. The opportunities are numerous: new categories, new markets, new brands, new logistics, new IT systems and internal processes – and much more. The CFO’s leadership in this transformation will be critical.
KEY ELEMENTS OF THE ROLE:
As a key member of the Executive Management team, you will be responsible for the overall Finance function of the Company, encompassing the primary day-to-day planning, implementation, management, and control of all financial-related activities. Reporting ultimately to the Group CEO, the CFO will also have a longer term and equally important focus on strategy development and implementation, assuming a critical strategic role in setting the direction of the Company.
The position includes having direct responsibility for finance accounting, forecasting, and funding together with legal, insurance and IT related activities. The candidate will forge strong relationships with multiple stakeholders including shareholders, bankers, auditors, and other regulatory authorities as well as the group board and the finance team.
Overall, the CFO will work extensively with the Company’s Executive Management team, developing strong, collaborative relationships and providing business finance leadership to support the implementation of the Company’s strategy.
The CFO will lead the Company’s Finance team in delivering the following:
- Business and Financial Leadership
- Group Reporting
- Financial Year-end and Audit
- Budget Process
- Strategic Planning Process
- Financial Management
- Risk Management and Compliance
- Tax Planning
- Treasury Management
THE CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS:
- You will be degree qualified, have significant experience in food/FMCG (or similar sectors) and be ACA or FCA accredited with suitable experience in professional practice.
- Ability to think strategically but have a hands-on pragmatic approach to implementation.
- Ability to interact at Board level and participate in strategic decision-making.
- Proven track record of strategic financial application i.e., the ability to put forward sound strategic recommendations based on the analysis and interpretation of the numbers.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail with an ability to prioritise and work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines.
- An enthusiastic team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Skills to develop and negotiate contracts.
- An entrepreneurially minded self-starter consistently looking for new ways to grow and strengthen the company outside of the traditional boundaries of the CFO role.
- Ability to build strong collaborative relationships both internally and externally.
- Willingness to travel internationally.
- Advanced practical knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) is essential.
- Blues Skies is unique, so you will be unique as well.
- You will be outgoing, with the ability to get on and influence retailers, growers, and everyone in between.
- Have great analytical skills.
- Be able to navigate the Blues Skies retail systems effectively.
- Well organised with the ability to react to change quickly.
- Appreciate what has been achieved to date by Blues Skies and create the next step change for the business.
- Passionate about people and their cultures
To hear of the amazing Blue Skies company story as told by the Chairman Anthony Pile MBE, click on the video picture as below.
This is potentially one of the most exciting financial roles we have seen in the fresh sectors in recent years. To find out more, please send us your details via this website in the first instance or call Max MacGillivray on +44 (0) 1284 715055 quoting Ref: 05212M
Please note that Blues Skies & Redfox are working on this exciting recruitment project on a total partnership basis. As such any third-party CV’s will be directly forwarded to Redfox for review.