Chief Operating Officer
Based Norwich with UK wide travel
Salary & Package to attract the best
Brown & Co is one of the UK’s leading providers of agency, professional & consultancy services across the whole range of rural, commercial & residential property, agriculture & the environment.
From a growing network of offices throughout East Anglia, the Midlands and Yorkshire & Humber region as well as internationally, they combine a high level of specialist technical expertise with experience and local knowledge. The firm has a real commitment to build strong, proactive and long term relationships with both corporate & private clients, for whom they always always strive to deliver the best results and total satisfaction ongoing.
Due to ongoing growth, they are seeking to appoint a key individual as Chief Operating Officer who will lead the Finance/Admin delivery function of a multi office, multi-disciplinary professional services practice.
The role will involve extensive co-ordination with the Managing Partner to ensure smooth and efficient delivery of the firm’s Finance and Administration function. Areas of activity will include management of teams undertaking the business delivery functions of Finance, Administration, Health & Safety, Compliance and IT, training/development as well as also to oversee Marketing and HR.
ACA / ACCA / CIMA and MBA or equivalent experience ideally required.
Ideal Experience That We Want To See:
Accountancy/ Financial Management / Business Management Experience / Administration. Previous experience in professional services practice an advantage.
Responsibilities To Include:
- Management of Head Office budget
- Delivery role to Managing Partner & other Senior Partners
- Financial planning / budgeting and reporting
- Oversight and preparation of accurate and timely financial statements
- Preparation, monitoring and reporting on funding requirements
- Banking co-ordination
- Drive process improvements as required
- Direct management of admin teams / salaried personnel – Finance / Marketing / IT / HR – ensuring delivery of partner / committee decisions
- Co-ordination of PI, H&S and QMS functions in conjunction with partner conveners
- Compliance and Regulatory conformance (FCA, RICS etc)
- Instigation of full training & development scheme/s for Brown & Co teams
- Attendance at all internal admin meetings
- Attendance at Partners’ Meeting and Executive Board Meetings
Key Skills to Be a Successful Candidate:
• Strong Negotiator
• Strong People influencer
• Detail/ accuracy and a great communicator
This is potentially one of the most exciting roles we have seen in the Agri-Business sectors sphere for two defined reasons. Firstly because of the growth and business attributes of Brown & Co as a company and secondly because of the commercial freedom they are looking to offer the right individual to create commercial success for the business ongoing in this hugely exciting role as Chief Operating Officer.
To apply for the position, please send us your details direct via this website in the first instance or call Max MacGillivray on 01284 715055 quoting Ref: 5058M
Please note that Redfox are working on an exclusive and retained basis on this recruitment project for Brown & Co. As such any third party applications will be directly forwarded to Redfox for review.