Our client is a grower owned business supplying fruit from it’s own farms in Chile, Peru & the UK to customers in the UK & Europe. The object of the business is to be as close to the retail sector as possible to develop long term successful partnerships by being the local office for their owners fruit to give a clear transparent insight to the business along with an excellent service for customers.
On-going growth has brought the opportunity to bring in an additional Commercial Manager to manage a number of existing accounts and develop new business.
You will help the business to grow by developing existing customer relationships, maximizing sales and account profitability, building long term relationships whilst also ensuring high levels of customer care and satisfaction.
The role / responsibility:
- Commercial management for UK and or European customers.
- To manage existing customers, developing excellent relationships, creating, negotiating & agreeing contracts of supply with both customers and service providers.
- Clear communication of those plans and costs to relevant people to action ie: Logistics, finance, technical, farm
- Developing new business with existing customers and new customers.
- Maximize sales & grower profitability with the customer relationship in mind.
- Regular travel to customers for meetings/samples as required and daily/weekly telephone conversations to develop those relationships.
- Deliver a first class customer experience.
- Clear & regular communication back to our colleagues at the farms/export offices.
- Knowledge & understanding of customer food safety requirements (Role is covered by a Technical Manager – but understanding is required)
- Work with the teams in the company to find solutions with a methodical, logical and organised way to improve efficiency.
- Provide a reports & analysis on a regular basis for stakeholders.
A preference for a second language, but not essential.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in growing retail accounts, ideally selling a range of fruit or vegetable products, but candidates from other short shelf life product areas where fast responsive times are required, will be also considered.
Location: Chatteris, Cambridgeshire or Poeldijk, Holland Office / Part Home based
As a minimum you will be required to work in the office 2-3 days per week, with the flexibility to work from home the remaining days. However, the preference is this is to be an office based role.
Salary: Junior Commercial Executive up to £35,000 (with 2+ years experience in sector)
Commercial Executive up to £50,000 (5 years experience in a similar role)
Commercial Manager up to £75,000 (proven experienced person in role)
Call Ian Reed at Redfox for a confidential chat, or apply via. this website quoting ref: 05393IR