Our client is a rapidly expanding Ag-Tech business providing smart irrigation solutions for farmers and growers around the world. Due to continued success, they are now on the hunt for an experienced Agronomist with a track record of commercial success.
The Commercial Agronomist will partner with sales leadership and other members of the location team to develop and provide agronomic and crop production solutions for farm customers to help further commercial goals.
- Serve as the domain specialist in crop production to develop, present training and become an “expert” source for internal and external clients.
- Execute on organization’s crop input market development plans by participating in customer field meetings, coordinated product trials, customer agronomy events, marketing support and delivery of crop planning services.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key suppliers.
- Provide vision for the geographic region using domain specialist knowledge in agronomy to identify new opportunities for the organization.
- Partner with existing and prospective customers, collaborating with location sales teams, focusing on agronomic benefits of their product.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
Key Person Specification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agronomy, Agriculture, or a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Experience working with agronomic services, farm customers and the agriculture industry
- Along with English, the ability to fluently speak Spanish (and/or) Portuguese
- Driving Licence
If this opportunity sounds of interest, please apply via. this website or give Ian Reed a call for a confidential chat.