Home Counties and Hybrid Based
A pioneering international fresh produce business that has expanded into the UK and EU frozen food sectors is looking for an ambitious, values-aligned, purpose-driven Commercial Director to help deliver their next phase of growth.
Main Elements of the Role:
Our client has invested significantly into a brand-new fresh produce freezing facility overseas that is dedicated to supply key markets with a significant foothold already gained into the USA. You will be accountable for the creation of high value retail and foodservice accounts and/or supplying raw material to frozen specialists in the UK/EU. Your remit will cover product, packaging and supply chain and you’ll be part of their Strategic Leadership Team and will be a key shareholder of the UK/UE frozen business that they will look to create around you.
Scope of Role
- Creating the initial retail and foodservice, raw material accounts in the UK via your industry experience and network.
- Sourcing and then leading a commercial team to develop and deliver a 3-5 year food and commercial strategy, aligned with the clients overall business strategy and expansion plans
- Be accountable for delivering the business plan including product development, category growth, margin, packaging and supply chain performance.
- Working closely with our client’s team to ensure their frozen fresh produce lines delivers on quality and agreed margins.
- Working closely with the Finance Director to ensure relevant reporting and insight to drive performance and profitability.
- Building a high-performing commercial team around the UK/EU business creation and developing them all to achieve their full potential.
- Leading a collaborative approach to creating the longer-term commercial strategy and successfully achieving you collective growth plans
Price, Range & Merchandising
- Be responsible for pricing and margin strategy across all sales channels, including product promotions and exit plans for seasonal ranges.
- Be the owner of range and merchandising decisions across different sales channels to deliver the best sales and customer experience.
- Be Responsible for category plans and forecasting.
Food & Packaging
- Responsible for the frozen food development calendar including new range launches, new product launches, existing product development and developing an effective way to successfully trial and launch innovative new ideas.
- Responsible for delivering their packaging sustainability goals.
Your likely skills and experience that we are keen to see
- You’ll have worked in the food sector at a senior level for medium or large organisation and ideally in the frozen categories
- A true people person, you’ll be passionate about building and leading a team in the highly innovative and ever growing area of frozen fresh produce
- You’ll believe a good business should have a purpose beyond profit and, in particular, believe we need to create a more sustainable food system.
- You’ll thrive in a fast paced, high growth, ever-changing environment.
- You’ll be comfortable working with detailed financial information to drive profitability.
On offer is an opportunity to be presented equity into the UK/EU business. Our client has the finest of frozen fresh produce that the international sectors can offer. Your role is to spearhead the growth in the UK/EU and you will gain the potentially significant benefits of that ongoing by deploying your commercial/networking skillset in the frozen sectors and your company management ability.
A unique role that calls for a unique individual. If that is you, please apply via this website or call Max MacGillivray on 01284 715055 quoting Ref: 05611M