Excellent Salary + Bonus & Benefits Package
Our client is a leading powerhouse and marketer of a range of fresh produce sourced on an international basis. With offices and customers around the world they are definitely a global player!
As a business they have made a strategic decision to strengthen their senior management team to meet the increasing positive requirements from their retail customers internationally. They are looking to now appoint a COMMERCIAL DIRECTOR to plan and map and implement their strategic growth ongoing in Holland, the EU and internationally.
In this pivotal role you will have control of the businesses commercial and strategic direction with its key retailers. So interpersonal and communication skills are an absolute must.
Main responsibilities of the role
- To manage all their highly valued retail customer accounts at a senior level and to further develop them
- To create and deliver programme objectives to support the implementation and delivery of improved business performance, processes and ways of working with key retailers
- Agree business targets and translate these into prioritised customer and delivery plans again with the key retailers
- Determine, monitor and review programme costs, resource levels, staffing costs and program risk to ensure effective and efficient programme delivery
- Leadership of the complete commercial team in Holland and overseas to ensure delivery of initiatives on time and in line with your targets and your objectives
- Align programme objectives with business objectives and authorise the selection, prioritisation and planning of all related project activities, to create an integrated programme and reporting process across the retail accounts
- Create and lead the joint ways of working within the team, driving alignment, consistency and unity in how the team operates and behaves to create a culture of winning!
- Be available for overseas travel with the customer when required
- Manage profitability and all financial KPI’s effectively
- Create commercial success ongoing
What will make the Ideal Candidate for this Role:
The role would suit a suitably educated qualified individual who is people oriented and an excellent commercial leader. You will thrive on working as part of a team, managing multiple stakeholders and working in a pressured environment of continuous improvement.
Ideally, we need you to have previous FMCG/Fresh Produce experience of working with top Retailers from Holland and the rest of the EU. We do need you to have demonstrable experience of developing influential relationships with customers and suppliers alike. And it goes without saying that you will be PC literate with fantastic communication, numerical and influencing skills.
- Our client is unique, so you will be unique as well
- You will be outgoing, with the ability to get on and influence retailers, growers and everyone in between.
- Have great analytical skills
- Be able to navigate the clients retail systems effectively
- Excel/IT skills – Intermediate or above
- Possess very strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Well organised with the ability to react to change quickly
- Good EU language skills
- Appreciate what has been achieved to date by our client and create the next step change for the business
This is potentially one of the most exciting roles we have seen in the fresh sectors in the short-term for two defined reasons. Firstly because of the attributes of the clients business combined with their growth to date and secondly because of the commercial freedom they are looking to offer the right individual to create commercial success in this hugely exciting role.
To find out more about this highly progressive and career enhancing role with a major fresh produce business in Europe, please apply via this website or call Max MacGillivray on +44 (0) 1284 715055 for more information quoting Ref: 05099MM