COMMERCIAL MANAGER REQUIRED– Hugely Innovative & Award Winning Fresh Sector Business
Based West Country
Salary & Package to attract the best
Our clients passion for quality sets them apart from many other UK farms. And that is one of the key reasons why we they meet the high standards set by top UK retailers such as Tesco and Sainsbury, which they are very extremely proud to supply. They produce crops on around 6000 acres each year, covering a large part of the South-West. This means they can offer fabulous levels of service to their customers and great employment prospects to all of their staff.
Growth rate of the business is hugely impressive hence why they are now coming to the market to source a Commercial Manager to assist in the running the commerciality of the business and make it a true and unique market leader. If you can undertake this for our client….please read on…..
The main aims of the role are to lead business development opportunities across the business, understand current and future consumer needs whilst seeking new commercial opportunities ongoing.
The Key Areas of the Role will include:
- Bringing on new retail customers from the likes of Waitrose to the key discounters as well as exploring the on-lie retail elements
- Work with the Sales Director to grow and develop existing retail customer opportunities
- Work with the Buying Director to scope and develop sustainable export clients
- Use Consumer research and Category analysis to inform future scoping options, deploying branded options where appropriate.
- Engage UK and overseas growers in client relationships, knowledge and development
- Get directly involved with New Product Development
- Review all services provided by third parties, supported by the Leadership Team, to understand where costs can be removed without impact on their unique service
What we want to see:
- Self-starting with the ability to act autonomously
- Appreciation of the business needs and resourcefulness in coming up with solutions to all commercial challenges
- Risk aware, knows when to ask for help but happy to take well thought through risks within the businesses boundaries
- Ability to relate to key client personnel in a professional and credible fashion
- Good interpersonal skills and well developed leadership and management skills
- Creative, quick thinking and open minded
- Ability to delegate effectively and to follow-up as appropriate
- Ability to work across functions with colleagues across professional, operational and cultural boundaries
If you have the ability to create the “success” for our client in this hugely exciting Commercial Manager opportunity with an award winning and hugely innovative food business based in gorgeous West Country, we would be very keen to hear from you!
Apply via this website or contact Max MacGillivray on 01284 715055 quoting Ref:5134M