Based Amsterdam Area With EU Travel
Excellent Salary & Benefits
Our client was established 15 years ago to provide the leading UK retailers with a transparent, sustainable and innovative interface between the grower & the retailer. From their humble beginnings of supplying just one product the business has now grown rapidly to become a very large enterprise, sourcing globally and serving the best of the UK and European retailers. Their philosophy has not changed during this period of rapid growth with quality and innovation, from breeding programmes to supply chain development with this all being key to what they do and what they are looking to achieve.
Their buying model is simple, transparent and efficient with no dependence on agents or auctions. With strong ethical and environmental credentials, this ensures that all of their products are known to be from the world’s most sustainable growers.
Due to ongoing successful growth they are looking to source a driven Commercial Manager to be based near Amsterdam to “partner” their European Director with their ongoing EU expansion.
Key Aspect of the Role:
The role of Commercial Manager is a key function within the organisation with overarching responsibility for sales and marketing as well as ensuring the smooth functioning of the business on a day to day basis including cost analysis, predictions and finance. Product development oversight, new market opportunity identification, customer satisfaction and marketing operations management also fall within this role. Big role and big opportunity!
- Operate as the lead point of contact for all of their EU customer portfolio matters
- Build and maintain strong, long-term customer relationships in order to best anticipate customer requirements with a view to sales trends and developing strategies to enhance sales.
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of product based on customer needs and objectives
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to exceed sales quotas
- Coordinate Key Events for both sales and client forecasting
- Conduct competitor reviews to analyze market trends and competition with a view to strategic positioning of prices and product placement
- Expand upon existing developments from technical trials with a view to commercializing them into sales.
- Review trials being undertaken for developments, opportunities and sales follow-up
- Conduct follow up and liaison for the company’s products and initiatives
- Research Trade Fairs and Exhibitions for new opportunities globally
- Set up and lead attendance at local and international events
- Advise on local and international factors affecting the buying and selling of the company’s products
- Determine and manage the marketing budget and deliver marketing activity within agreed budget
- Negotiate client contracts and close agreements to maximize profit
- Conduct and manage the due diligence process focusing on financials and business volumes
- Develop strategic pricing policies in order to develop financial and resource budgets
Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare reports on account status for weekly sales meeting
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. Quarterly sales results and annual forecasts)
What we Want to See From You:
- In-depth knowledge of the fresh sector or/and floriculture industry
- Proven commercial and sales experience within the industry, delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence effectively across all levels within the organization
- Client, quality and results oriented
- Team leadership
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Able to travel extensively both locally and internationally
- Fluency in spoken and written English, German and other EU languages would be very advantageous
- Educated to degree level in Business Administration, Sales or relevant field
This is a fascinating business with an amazing profitably growth rate with a fascinating future. To find out more, apply via this website or call Max MacGillivray on +44 (0) 1284 715055 to find out more quoting Ref: 5224M