Commercial Manager Required. IMMEDIATE START
West Midlands – Can be Home Based
Excellent Salary & Benefits
One of the true successes of the fresh sectors, our client was established over 30 years ago. They now partner with the best growers internationally fulfilling consumer demand for consistent, high quality fresh produce product throughout the year.
Due to rapid changes in their business, as they gain further positive demands from their customers, they now wish to source an accomplished Commercial Manager to major on a range of retail accounts on a commercial and potentially: a procurement basis as well.
- Account management of the retail accounts as required in terms of day to day activity and longer-term planning throughout the year.
- Deliver against all company KPI’s with a focus on margin, profitability and waste targets.
- Be involvement in the management of procurement for those countries they currently procure product from.
THE KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Always adhere to company targets on Due diligence, Waste and Quality & procure product that delivers against the customer’s every day requirements for quality, cost and availability.
- Facilitate the business aspiration to pack as much product at source and deliver the maximum possible direct to depot as defined by the company targets.
- Provide weekly pricing & costing models as required in a timely and accurate manner.
- Deliver weekly commercial reports to the business to include; commercial performance summary, waste review & supply summary.
- Manage and finalize all supplier claims within 14 days of arrival, ensuring that estimated claims for the finance meeting are updated on a weekly basis.
- Ensure that progress and/or issues are effectively reported/escalated where necessary.
- Develop good personal working relationships with key suppliers and agents and where agreed expand and develop the supply base to deliver innovation and commercial advantage.
- Undertake supplier visits as directed and file reports and “next steps” after each visit be that via Zoom or tel call in short term.
- To liaise with customers as required in order to illustrate product knowledge, facilitate visits to the supply base or to communicate the commercial and procurement strategy.
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE:
- Excellent background in Commercial Management within the fresh produce/fresh food sectors.
- Ensure suppliers are committed to our client via your skill set through achieving best customer status in the UK & harness those suppliers to invest in your product offer.
- Through an excellent understanding of the supply chain continually challenge processes to optimize product quality and facilitate the achievement of company targets.
- Consistently appraise and challenge the supply base and cost chain to deliver innovation, competitive advantage, and intellectual property, therefore enabling our client to maintain their strategic position at the forefront of innovation throughout their core business.
- As a commercial manager, demonstrate leadership, self-reliance, good judgment, team work and responsibility in all commercial and procurement matters.
If you believe that you can make a real ongoing positive difference to our client as they grow rapidly in the UK & internationally and look to assist them by being available for them in short term , we would be very keen to hear from you.
Either submit your details via this website or call Max MacGillivray on 01284 715055 quoting Ref: 05077M