Excellent Package & Benefits
Redfox has been commissioned to source a Commercial Manager for a leading fresh sector business that has a very strong relationship with the majority of the key UK retailers.
Currently they produce or supply fresh produce from the UK and the EU. Through expert management of all stages of the value chain, they achieve maximum value at origin whilst delivering best possible quality and price to their customers and as you would expect for such a business they promote full transparency for “both ends” throughout the value chain..
Due to ongoing positive growth, they are now looking to source a Commercial Manager to “partner” a key Director of the business.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting to implement the sales strategy and performance as well as being indirectly involved with sourcing/procurement. You will be responsible for establishing and running the relationships with the customer base and maximising the sales and profit opportunity by supporting and directing the team to successful outcomes. The customers will be a varied selection of retail and food service businesses that commit to programmes of supply. You will be responsible for the accurate communication and negotiation of prices, deliveries, specification and service of the fresh products to your customer base both in the UK and potentially on a European basis as well.
Key Elements of Role:
- Assist to develop and deliver effective international sales and procurement strategy that drives sales and maximises company profit
- Develop customer base in the UK and EU forming long term relationships
- Ensure the business deliveries to customers are accurate and within specification and maximise customer retention
- Plan and deliver sales and profit enhancing trade promotions
- Effectively present product and seasonal opportunities
- Liaise with the company departments on a regular basis as required
- Excellent level of spoken and written English – other EU languages could be beneficial
- Experience within the FMCG chilled import industry required, ideally in produce or/and fresh foods
- Experience working with leading retailers/foodservice customers
- Hardworking and honest outlook
- Lead, contribute and work effectively within a team
- Confident and professional negotiator
- Able to adhere to the values and mission of the company
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to manage change and comply with internal and external business processes
- Competence in Microsoft Office products and ability to adapt to technology based ways of working
- Degree calibre
If you have the ability to create the “success” for our client in this hugely exciting Commercial Manager opportunity, we would be very keen to hear from you.
Please apply via this website or contact Max MacGillivray on +44 (0) 1284 715055 quoting Ref: 5267M