Commercial Manager Required – Organics
Excellent Salary & Benefits
Based in South West, South East or Lincs
“Supermarket sales of organic food and drink in the UK have risen by 4% in 2018, new figures reveal, marking seven consecutive years of growth. Despite an exceptionally cold winter and a hot, dry summer which have played havoc with crops, organic fresh produce and dairy sales remain the main drivers fuelling growth of the overall market, now worth a record £2.2bn.Sales of fresh organic fruit and vegetables sales grew by 5.3% in the year to the end of June 2018 and look like they will continue to grow ongoing.”
Organics. Definitely a sector to be aligned to….
One of the true successes of the fresh sectors majoring on Organics, our client was successfully established over 30 years ago. They now partner with the best growers internationally fulfilling consumer demand for consistent, high quality fresh produce product throughout the year.
As they gain further positive demands from their customers, they are now investing heavily into their business as a natural evolution of their proven business model. Because of this exciting growth, they now wish to source an accomplished Commercial Manager to major on an organic retail accounts on a commercial and procurement basis.
- Deliver against all company KPI’s with particular focus on margin, profitability and waste targets
- Ensure the management of procurement for those countries they currently procure product from
- Execute an effective strategy to deliver profitability targets and professional programming of product
THE KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Always adhere to company targets on Due diligence, Waste and Quality & procure product that delivers against the customer’s every day requirements for quality, cost and availability
- Facilitate the business aspiration to pack as much product at source and deliver the maximum possible direct to depot as defined by the company targets
- Provide weekly pricing & costing models as required in a timely and accurate manner
- Deliver weekly commercial reports to the business to include; commercial performance summary, waste review & supply summary
- Manage and finalize all supplier claims within 14 days of arrival, ensuring that estimated claims for the finance meeting are updated on a weekly basis
- Ensure that progress and/or issues are effectively reported/escalated where necessary
- Develop good personal working relationships with key suppliers and agents and where agreed expand and develop the supply base to deliver innovation and commercial advantage
- Undertake supplier visits as directed and file reports and “next steps” after each visit
- To liaise with customers as required in order to illustrate product knowledge, facilitate visits to the supply base or to communicate the procurement strategy
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE:
- Excellent background in Organics be that commercial or procurement biased
- Ensure suppliers are committed to our client via your skill set through achieving best customer status in the UK & harness those suppliers to invest in your product offer
- Through an excellent understanding of the supply chain continually challenge processes to optimize product quality and facilitate the achievement of company targets
- Consistently appraise and challenge the supply base and cost chain to deliver innovation, competitive advantage, and intellectual property, therefore enabling our client to maintain their strategic position at the forefront of innovation throughout their core business
- As a commercial manager, demonstrate leadership, self-reliance, good judgment, team work and responsibility in all commercial and procurement matters
This is probably one of the most exciting Commercial roles that we have seen in recent years in the organics sectors. If you believe that you can make a real ongoing positive difference to our client as they grow rapidly in the UK & internationally, we would be very keen to hear from you.
Either submit your details via this website or call Max MacGillivray on 01284 715055 quoting Ref: 5015M