Commercial Manager Required
Significant Opportunity for the Right Individual to Succeed with a Market Leading Business
Our unique client is growing. And growing fast. As such they are looking for a select and key individual to be aligned to them to assist with their growth trajectory and to also share in their success ongoing.
As part of their planning, they wish to source a unique and erudite Commercial Manager to join them. The role is multifaceted. With an initial requirement to be forward customer facing and to then take responsibility of UK business development and potentially European & International business development in parallel with your key commercial and technical colleagues.
On a commercial perspective, you will be at total ease with a range of individuals both internally and externally from differing work disciplines creating long lasting relationships and rapidly becoming the go to/lynch pin for this area of the business. You will be the commercial “ambassador” for the business and will get things done.
- Work closely with the business and Board in respect to seasonal annual planning and customer strategy ongoing.
- Build senior level nuanced relationships with key customer contacts and become extremely well-respected and trusted.
- Operational and commercial management for delivering c.£25m sales
- Dictating customer service level of quality and price on a daily, weekly, monthly KPI basis.
- Liaising with key colleagues both internal and external to ensure all products gets sold at the right time and the correct price.
- Working with the Business Managers to ensure accurate pre-season and in- season estimates.
- Liaison with your logistics and transport management colleagues to ensure team stability and fleet compliance and efficiency.
What We Want to See from You:
- Great energy levels combined with and creative thinking with a hunger for continuous creation and improvement. No ego’s in this business to note.
- Excellent inter-personal, communication, organisation & project management skills. The ability to connect with people at all levels. The right balance of Teamwork, with developing Leadership over time. You will be a brilliant relationship builder.
- Flexibility and adaptability to change. Nothing is static…ever. You will enjoy working at pace with complex challenges.
- Excellent attention to detail. The ability to assimilate numerical data and make commercial decisions, grounded in fact, quickly.
- You will have a natural desire and understanding to deliver action and results against key clear profit and environmental strategic objectives and goals.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 5 years relevant job experience.
- A background in horticulture and/or a fresh produce business would be very beneficial for the role.
This unique role with this unique business will work very closely with the Board of the business. Over time, through gaining and knowledge and respect both internally & externally, this role will grow to take on more responsibilities and potential opportunities from the business. The potential in their own words is limitless.
Interested? To find out more, please apply via this site or call Ian Reed on 01284 715055 quoting Ref: 05387IR